i removed all the stuff i didn't want like the games, default pics, etc...but then when i used shrink an os....well when i tried restoring it restored some of the things such as the instant messenger programs i tried removing...how can i try it again to get rid of the stuff i dont want to clear up space? do i run app loader again and reload the OS? also how am i supposed to restore the apps that i shrunk
    04-18-10 11:00 PM
    i removed all the stuff i didn't want like the games, default pics, etc...but then when i used shrink an os....well when i tried restoring it restored some of the things such as the instant messenger programs i tried removing...how can i try it again to get rid of the stuff i dont want to clear up space? do i run app loader again and reload the OS? also how am i supposed to restore the apps that i shrunk
    In regards to the IM programs, you are probably just seeing the those icons that launch you to the download page. They aren't the real app and they only take up a very small amount of space any way. I would suggest just making a folder and putting them all in it, then hide the folder because even if you delete those launcher icons they'll come back after a battery pull.
    04-19-10 12:14 AM
    In regards to the IM programs, you are probably just seeing the those icons that launch you to the download page. They aren't the real app and they only take up a very small amount of space any way. I would suggest just making a folder and putting them all in it, then hide the folder because even if you delete those launcher icons they'll come back after a battery pull.
    actually, i don't think they take up any space at all.. they are just the links to download and install those programs. there is no way to be rid of them. just so as macaroni suggested and put them all in a folder and hide it, along with all the other crap that will get pushed to your phone.
    04-19-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD