Just wondering who has this, and who has it working ?

I got it today, didnt get it working (anything), called Rogers and they got it working... or so i thought...

Who has everything working on it ? I tried doing a test to get facebook working and it says my data plan is good enough to get it running, my bb maps wont load, and viigo says I dont have an internet connection

anyone else have problems?

Another questions - who has got the live messenger to work?
    06-24-08 12:06 AM
    if u check the other post in the rogers forum on here u'll see a thread called "provision down". others having same issue. rogers and rim working on it.
    06-24-08 12:27 AM
    06-24-08 01:05 AM
    Yea, thanks - didnt see that one! haha

Well its weird - it works on my 8800 (but idont have viigo or the facebook app on it), but on my 8320 the facebook app + viigo dont work, but other people who I Have spoke with said they have it working. So now this leads me to believe that something isnt correct in the phones settings
    06-24-08 07:34 PM
    I mentioned on another thread how my viigo and google maps and such were working all fine... then today i noticed my viigo stopped updating and wasnt able to connect to any network...

I tried all the usual pwr down, network off and on, and battery pull and nothing worked... so outta desperation i just fiddled with the network settings (tried tcp, bis, auto - it worked on wap prior)... but no luck.

Finally, i just tried to update each channel on its own rather than update all and noticed it worked. so i tried update all, put my phone down to answer my office line and a couple mins later came back to find all my channels updated and viigo fully operational again!

And to think people say that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result everytime..

With that being said... if it still doesnt work - have you tried kicking it?
    06-24-08 08:58 PM
    so there was an issue with this $30 plan. in another thread people are reporting that they called rogers today and the reps did some network back end stuff and all is well with the new $30 plan. the rogers reps also stated that the issue with the $30 plan should be done now. if anyone is experiencing problems u should just call rogers.
    06-25-08 09:49 AM
    by the way. i just found this out and im still amazed. these new blackberry plans INCLUDE TETHERING.
    06-26-08 03:00 PM
    Where does it say that tethering is included?
    06-26-08 03:31 PM
    i haven't seen it say so online, im gonna go look now. however if you call rogers they will advise you that it does. plus my friend that works for rogers read the documentation for the new plans at work and he also said it includes tethering. rogers does advise, and i would agree that if people plan to use tethering they should probably get the $50 flex plan cuz tethering can eat up a lot of data.
    06-26-08 10:29 PM
    i haven't seen it say so online, im gonna go look now. however if you call rogers they will advise you that it does. plus my friend that works for rogers read the documentation for the new plans at work and he also said it includes tethering. rogers does advise, and i would agree that if people plan to use tethering they should probably get the $50 flex plan cuz tethering can eat up a lot of data.
    Thanks for the info.
    06-26-08 11:56 PM
    Well I have come to the conclusion that it is my 8320 that is causing some problems. I used my 8800 all week for work and everything worked fine - (but I Dont have viigo on that phone). The facebook application worked vs saying I dont have a sufficient plan, but some things wouldnt load (different story)

With that being said... Does anyone on rogers have the 300mb plan with an 8320 ??
    06-28-08 10:32 AM
    ^^^ I am curious too.

Will Rogers provide SIM cards for unlocked devices that are not on the approved list, like the 8320?

The Pearl and an 8830 are on the Rogers Home Calling Zone (UMA), but there is an obvious gap to filled by Curve or Bold.

06-28-08 10:55 AM
    rogers doesn't have to provide sim cards based on if ur phone is unlocked or not. you can either just buy a rogers sim card or just use ur current sim card in any device, unlocked or not. its not like cdma where u have to register the esn to get the phone to work and then the phone company verifies the esn is one of their phones. its gsm, pop ur rogers sim in and ur good to go.
    06-28-08 12:27 PM
    Excellent, the time is getting close.
    06-28-08 01:34 PM
    OMG this plan is insane....and I just heard about this now LOL....beats my $25 for 4MB hahaha
    07-01-08 11:34 PM
    Just got this plan today but what's this i hear about windows live messenger being added? Do not see that on my phone. Anyone else have it?
    07-02-08 09:40 PM
    i have it...
    in your berry's browser go to www.blackberry.com/livemessenger/

You can also use Hotmail/MSN/Live email address on your berry now, fully functional, all you have to do is add it VIA BIS
    Last edited by hsumra; 07-02-08 at 10:14 PM.
    07-02-08 09:49 PM
    I changed my data plan to 30 for 300 yesterday and ran in to a problem. The CSR I spoke with didn't really seem to know what was going on when I asked him to switch it, so I waited on hold...

10 minutes later...

After some conversational fumbling the CSR tells me "Yes sir, we currently have a promotion on so you can get 300mb fr $30". Promotion? I laugh. So, he proceeds to update my account... after more time enjoying hold music he comes back to tell me that it's updated. I say thank you.

battery out, battery in.

Where data connectivity used to say 'EDGE' in nice capital letters, it's replaced with 'edge' all lower case. No email, no messenger, no data. Log in to BIS web adimn and resend service books? No dice, my account has been suspended.

A rogers tech support call later, he discovers that Mr.CSR updated my data plan alright, to a generic 30/300 PDA data plan, NOT the berry plan. Switched to correct plan and data is back.
    07-03-08 09:58 AM
    With this $30 plan has anyone tried to put it on a BES? How do they track that? might be a stupid question but I thought i'd ask.

Thanks in advance.
    07-03-08 01:38 PM
    I don't know specifics, but if data is delivered to your device OTA, then it goes through their network which means it can be tracked. The data itself is encrypted, but how many bytes transferred should be clear.
    07-03-08 01:43 PM
    so if i understand you correctly, they can track it and I can't switch to this plan if i wanted to go on a BES to be cheaper?
    07-03-08 01:47 PM
    looking here: crackberry.com/rogers-new-blackberry-data-pricing
    $30 plan is not available on BES.

BES Rates are still like the old ones. Those data rates are still gouge-tastic.
    07-03-08 02:09 PM
    Thanks for everything
    07-03-08 02:37 PM
    I changed my data plan to 30 for 300 yesterday and ran in to a problem. The CSR I spoke with didn't really seem to know what was going on when I asked him to switch it, so I waited on hold...

10 minutes later...

After some conversational fumbling the CSR tells me "Yes sir, we currently have a promotion on so you can get 300mb fr $30". Promotion? I laugh. So, he proceeds to update my account... after more time enjoying hold music he comes back to tell me that it's updated. I say thank you.

battery out, battery in.

Where data connectivity used to say 'EDGE' in nice capital letters, it's replaced with 'edge' all lower case. No email, no messenger, no data. Log in to BIS web adimn and resend service books? No dice, my account has been suspended.

A rogers tech support call later, he discovers that Mr.CSR updated my data plan alright, to a generic 30/300 PDA data plan, NOT the berry plan. Switched to correct plan and data is back.

Lol! the same thing happened to me! However, when I called back and spoke with data support the guy called customer care to have the PDA plan removed and the blackberry plan added. It still wasn't working, and after a few minutes he realized that the care rep took off the PDA plan and put the same plan back on again!

sometimes I wonder about these people!
    07-03-08 03:42 PM
    ...after a few minutes he realized that the care rep took off the PDA plan and put the same plan back on again!

sometimes I wonder about these people!
    Twice?! Lol! xD

The only thing better than making a mistake, is to make the same mistake again... wait no, that sucks.
    07-03-08 03:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD