Out of the blue this week, my 8900 goes to GSM for most of the day. I talk to Tmobile Tech support last week, and did everything they told me to do, even thou I told them I already did:
    battery pull
    host routing table
    manually choose network

They tell me they dont know what the problem is, and that I have to talk to someone at RIM and it could take 72 hours for them to get back to me.. Well its been longer then 72 hours..

This exact same thing happened to me last year, around this same time. I complained about it and they sent me a new (referbrished) phone..

So now I dont know what to do.

Can someone help me with this?

TMobile 8900
    OS 5.0.0.592
    04-18-10 04:43 PM
    Its hard to say. Only things I could see it being is your OS and or the TMO network. If I were you I'd reload the OS to see if its that and if it isn't then I'd see if you can get a replacement assuming there isn't anything wrong with the network

Good luck though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 04:48 PM
    thanks i reloaded the os twice... even whiped the phone yesterday and re installed..
    04-18-10 04:55 PM
    Bro I am going thru the same thing right now. I'm gonna do a sim card replacement tomorrow. Hope this works!! I have no data services right now. btw I'm in south Texas.
    04-18-10 08:12 PM
    I had the same issue but only when on roaming, after trying everything for a month a SIM card replacement fixed it for me.
    04-19-10 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD