I just received my new storm 2 after replacing the first because the screen wouldn't click in the corner. I made sure I got one with a march 5th branding so I had the updated screen.

Earlier today the send, Menu, Return, and End keys plus the screen right next to the started this "TINKing" noise. The other side still "clicks".

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 04:20 AM
    I just received my new storm 2 after replacing the first because the screen wouldn't click in the corner. I made sure I got one with a march 5th branding so I had the updated screen.

Earlier today the send, Menu, Return, and End keys plus the screen right next to the started this "TINKing" noise. The other side still "clicks".

Any suggestions?

If you are talking about a crunching glass noise, your not alone. My girlfriend and I went through 3 each, 6 total, of the new improved hardware storm 2's. These were the ones with the updated hardware. This was all in the first 30 days and now that we are out of our 30 day trial we are stuck with getting refurb phones. Needless to say, RIM didn't fix anything. We are waiting for the incredible to come out and we will be selling our storms. This product has a long way to go before I will ever try another storm again.

04-18-10 09:58 AM
    If you are talking about a crunching glass noise, your not alone. My girlfriend and I went through 3 each, 6 total, of the new improved hardware storm 2's. These were the ones with the updated hardware. This was all in the first 30 days and now that we are out of our 30 day trial we are stuck with getting refurb phones. Needless to say, RIM didn't fix anything. We are waiting for the incredible to come out and we will be selling our storms. This product has a long way to go before I will ever try another storm again.

If you've gone thru six phones total, I would say maybe the noise you're hearing is normal. I've had EVERY BlackBerry Verizon has offered dating back 6. Have had mutiple replacements in each phone and I have never run into the same issue in 6 different phones.

Its either user error, or a one in a million chance all have been defective.

04-18-10 11:54 AM
    We have been through 6 between the two of us for the screen issues. This is not user error or one in a million. It was a defect rim has supposedly fixed, read the forums about screen issues with the storm 2 before you post junk like that as it is well documented. As to the crunching glass, I mentioned that as an example of what we have heard on a coupleof our replacement phones. This is also a well documented issue. I hope they can fix the issues so we can enjoy the phones we purchased.

04-18-10 01:09 PM
    Same here, and mine is one of the new ones, made earlier this month. I give up, I've been through at least 8 Storm2's. I'll wait till the EVO or Incredible or whatever it's called comes to Verizon. If it weren't for Verizon's network I'd jump ship.
    04-18-10 01:14 PM
    Same here, and mine is one of the new ones, made earlier this month. I give up, I've been through at least 8 Storm2's. I'll wait till the EVO or Incredible or whatever it's called comes to Verizon. If it weren't for Verizon's network I'd jump ship.
    Same with us, if it were not for the Verizon network, we would go back to att and get the iphone. But we will wait and dump our storms and buy the incredible outright and be done with it.

04-18-10 02:49 PM
    Same with us, if it were not for the Verizon network, we would go back to att and get the iphone. But we will wait and dump our storms and buy the incredible outright and be done with it.

You seem awfully confident
    04-18-10 05:02 PM
    True, I don't scour the Android forums, but is there really a hardware issue with the HTC phones like there is with the RIM Storm 95XX series?

You seem awfully confident
    04-18-10 06:27 PM

I have no idea why people tolerate crap. I do NOT or will I ever take garbage....30 days or not. Period. I consider my 30 days starting the day I get each new phone. Just send the phone back with the receipt. They will credit your account. On your receipt, it give the date of the new purchase. Not the old. If you notice they charge your bill for the new phone and credit the old. I know this as a fact because I just did it and there was a price change. They paid the higher cost because it was first. I intend on doing it again if this phone is defective again.
    No one should tolerate this. I enjoy my phone. I've looked at the android phones and they have their own problems also. The only way these dealers (vz) and the manufacturers are going to learn is by returning garbage.

04-18-10 06:52 PM
    So when my screen is a "good screen" is the click quieter? Smoother? What's the difference?

04-19-10 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD