I got a bb 7100i and I I can't figure out how to get the phone to ring. It appears to be on vibrate. Also I seemed to have turned off the profile and can't figure out how to turn it back on. At one point I could at least hear the different type of ring tones but before I turned the profile off when I scrolled down the ringtones and did play I couldn't hear anything.
    When a call comes in, if I'm not near it or feel it vibrate I miss the call.
    Please help!!!
    Thanks
    Terie
    06-23-08 06:20 PM
    Go to profiles and pick the one you want to use..
    Then go to Advanced at the bottom.
    Once you're on that screen, change the ring type to Tone (also make sure it is not on mute).
    06-23-08 06:22 PM
    That's the way to do it.
    06-24-08 07:18 AM
    I am new too. On mine, the home screen on the third row between wrenches and the lock there is a old phonographolayer like you wind up and that is the profiles. In it is Normal, Vibrate etc. You can Edit each one and go into Phone to change your ringer and how loud etc. Hope that helps.
    06-26-08 01:53 PM
    Really dumb BB "feature" you need to get used to: Phone won't vibrate at same time as it rings - like 95% of phones in the universe. So if you have it ring & vibrate, it'll vibrate for the 3 or 4 times you set, then get around to ringing audibly - just about the time the caller hangs up on you. Surely, some smart guy at RIM could make this work right (at least as an option).
    06-26-08 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD