I love my bb but the sprint htc evo 4g looks kind of lovely what u darksiders think ?
    04-16-10 01:24 PM
    Im going to ,Rim has lost touch doesn't care shoveling out
    unstable OS & shabby device quality.
    To top that off they throw CDMA users the 9630 clone so called Bold.
    04-16-10 01:43 PM
    Im going to ,Rim has lost touch doesn't care shoveling out
    unstable OS & shabby device quality.
    To top that off they throw CDMA users the 9630 clone so called Bold.
    You seems insulted...

To my eyes it's only marketing...
    04-16-10 01:46 PM
    You seems insulted...
    No just very disappointed in RIM.

To my eyes it's only marketing...
    On EVO or RIM?
    If your referring to EVO you may want to take a lookse what it offers.
    04-16-10 01:59 PM
    I looked into it what caught my eye was the mobile hotspot that I can use it for my labtop not like the tours short comings lol ( but I love her though lol) and the big screen and batt life
    04-16-10 02:08 PM
    What caught my eye on it was the 8megapixel camera and just about every other feature on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 02:29 PM
    I'm probably going to pick up the EVO and switch back and forth. I however will not be leaving the darkside, ever. BBs are more secure than any phone i've ever used and since I'm in the business world, there is no other phone that helps and works as good as my BB.
    04-16-10 02:30 PM
    I love my Tour, but I use Gmail/Google for everything, including my work email. I was tempted to switch after using a friends Hero a few months ago....Evo cant get here fast enough for me
    04-16-10 03:28 PM
    Evo looks tempting if I was on sprint. Im waiting till Jan when I can upgrade and hopefully 4G android phones are out.
    04-16-10 03:48 PM
    I got the Evo the first day it came out, and I love it...but, I'm so tempted to go back to my Blackberry Tour...I'm really at a fork right now. I really need to have Blackberry Messenger...but it's not only that...I'm a heavy user of my phone through out the day. I text and BBM a lot throughout the day, and without BBM, I feel like I'm missing out on something really great.

I was considering finding someone I know who has a family plan, and ask them to add a phone (a Blackberry) for me just so I can carry an extra phone to have BBM...does anyone know how I can use BBM without having to pay carrier phone service? Does RIM or anyone else out there offer BIS service without having to have phone service?

I'm about to post my dilemma in a thread...so sad right now...I love the HTC Evo so much, but it's just not a Blackberry...(once again, this reminds me of when I returned the Palm Pre and I also wrote a long thread about it)
    06-07-10 11:40 PM
    I know US Cellular does this. You can have a blackberry on a 'Data Plan/No Voice'. So you wouldn't be able to make calls, but it would still be connected to the BIS. Allowing you to use everything, except SMS and phone calls. Whether Verizon or anyone else does it, I'm not for certain. I'm sure they probably do though.
    06-08-10 12:08 AM
    I looked into it what caught my eye was the mobile hotspot that I can use it for my labtop not like the tours short comings lol ( but I love her though lol) and the big screen and batt life
    You do know there is an extra fee on top of your data plan to use the hotspot right? Been doing some research on this phone too, in fact I already downloaded the user guide...lol. Not sure if I can go back to a touch screen phone or not.... after all the bells and whistles wear off, you still just have a touch screen to try and type on. I really love my Tour and would hate to switch to anything else, guess I'll have to head to the Sprint store and take this new EVO for a spin.
    06-08-10 12:17 AM
    You do know there is an extra fee on top of your data plan to use the hotspot right? Been doing some research on this phone too, in fact I already downloaded the user guide...lol. Not sure if I can go back to a touch screen phone or not.... after all the bells and whistles wear off, you still just have a touch screen to try and type on. I really love my Tour and would hate to switch to anything else, guess I'll have to head to the Sprint store and take this new EVO for a spin.

Also read that ther is a $10 fee for the "4G" service on Sprint w/the new HTC.....something to keep in mind.
    06-08-10 07:59 AM
    Yes i will admit i was smitten by the huge screen and lightning fast processor then yesterday i played with it at the sprint store, its freaking huge, my tv remote feels smaller in my hand, yes the thing is fast almost faster than my laptop. The screen is amazing, color is bright, the mix of sense and android is appealing, now typing on it was a bit of a chore, holding it sideways i would just brush up against the home button and it would go home, erasing everything i just typed,

so while it is amazingly fast, very pretty, for me thats all it has going for it. Yeah yeah and the 4g speeds. Im sure rim will catch up too. Some one always has to be first and someone always has to be last, i think ill save my pennies and wait to see what rim drops for sprint next. I like the 9650, but not enough to justify paying full retail. I played with that too, it my tour with a track pad, and a huge amount of free memory, thats all.
    06-08-10 08:48 AM
    I went from the Tour to the EVO's cousin, the Incredible... and I couldn't be happier. No more sticky trackball for me.
    06-08-10 11:30 AM
    I am thinking about the EVO as well...I can upgrade next month. I did try it out at a Sprint store and was impressed but a touch screen is something I would have to try for a few weeks to see if I adapted OK. After using a BB Tour for the last year, I was blown away by the screen size and the speed of the browser.
    06-08-10 11:43 AM
    One thing I would like to know that HTC doesn't really specify is what type of screen does it have? If it's an OLED it will be pretty much worthless outside in the sun light. One thing that impressed me with my Tour (first BB) is the awesome performance in sunlight... only phone I've every owned in over 12yrs. that you could see the screen outside.
    06-08-10 12:19 PM
    i made the switch. and i love it. kind of miss bbm. but not enough to want to go back to a bb. plus, i paid full price for the phone and so far it's worth most of the money paid for it. still figuring things out.
    06-08-10 12:50 PM
    I am thinking about the EVO as well...I can upgrade next month. I did try it out at a Sprint store and was impressed but a touch screen is something I would have to try for a few weeks to see if I adapted OK. After using a BB Tour for the last year, I was blown away by the screen size and the speed of the browser.
    if you want to switch now, all you have to do it call customer service and ask them if they will give you early upgrade...I was due for an upgrade on July 1, but I called the Sprint store and they told me what to do, and so I called customer service (*2) and told them if I can get an early upgrade since I was due one in a few weeks...they looked over my account and gave it to me and changed my account status, and told me it would take 2-4 hours to get that in the system and then I can go to any store to get it...I checked my account online 10 minutes later and saw that I got the upgrade, so I went to BestBuy and picked up the Evo an hour later
    06-08-10 03:40 PM
    Do the new BB's slider etc hold a candle to what the new htc's are doing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD