So, I'm looking for an app I can use to balance my checkbook, I found a few on app world, but b4 I buy one, I wanted to see if anyone had any input

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 12:07 PM
    So, I'm looking for an app I can use to balance my checkbook, I found a few on app world, but b4 I buy one, I wanted to see if anyone had any input

Mobile Checkbook is a great app. Its very easy to use and has a very simple interface too. I've been using it for over a year with no problems at all. Their tech support is top notch too. Every time i've ever emailed them with a device swap or a question they get back to me usually within an hour or so. I highly recommend it
    04-16-10 12:10 PM
    Cool, where can I get it? I didn't see it on the app world

04-16-10 12:58 PM
    I use the free app jabplite. It work well for me.

04-16-10 02:13 PM
    I also use Mobile Checkbook and I love it. Too bad is costs so much. It is very easy to use. If you use Mobile Checkbook, your data backups through Desktop Manager save your entries, so when you change OS's if you load your backup you will have all your entries back. Thank god! lol
    04-16-10 02:35 PM
    I also use Mobile Checkbook and I love it. Too bad is costs so much. It is very easy to use. If you use Mobile Checkbook, your data backups through Desktop Manager save your entries, so when you change OS's if you load your backup you will have all your entries back. Thank god! lol
    Yeah I like that feature as well. The old version didnt do that.

As for the OP, Ive seen it on appworld, but you can also find it on mobihand which is where I got mine from.
    04-16-10 03:07 PM
    mobile checkbook sucks. everytime you update the program or do an OS update the program gets wiped out. you lose everything. dont waste your time or money
    04-16-10 03:09 PM
    mobile checkbook sucks. everytime you update the program or do an OS update the program gets wiped out. you lose everything. dont waste your time or money

10 char.
    04-16-10 03:36 PM
    I'm very disappointed with Mobile Checkbook. I have tried several apps for keeping a little ledger of my daily expenses -- Mobile Checkbook, Light Wallet, the Wallet app from BB App Store, etc. -- but only one does the obvious simple things. I need the app to do this:

1. Allow me to input transactions quickly and easily in a familiar manner that doesn't re-invent standard accounting procedures.

2. Allow me to export these transactions into a QIF file in a manner that WORKS RELIAIBLY, so that I can then draw on those exports for my "main' accounting document on the laptop.

3. Allow me multiple currency functions (so I can keep accurate record of expenses in Euros, expenses in Dollars).

4. Allow transfers between accounts (so, when I withdraw from the ATM, my bank account balance diminishes and my cash wallet balance increases).

I have only found one application that actually does all of this, though it's not ideal. I am not really HAPPY with the app, I'm just STUCK with it as the only option thus far. It's really really klunky:

JABP Lite

It is a java-based program and it has a desktop/laptop version as well as a smartphone version. You can coordinate the two if you'd like, essentially running a little user-managed synchronization, but since I'm familiar with Quicken and MS Money I'm unlikely to change my desktop/laptop procedures just to accommodate the smartphone app.

Some day there will be a sensible way to coordinate my Quicken files from laptop to smartphone, so that when I'm out "in the field" I can enter a few transactions and then later just synch them to my main Quicken accounts doc in some manner other than the current necessity, which is to export the smartphone transactionos into a QIF and then use the laptop to import the QIF. That's like sending yourself an email with notes in it ... or just writing it down with a pen and paper. I mean, I COULD just write it down, it's not like I don't know how, but then, why have technology?
    04-24-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD