Just curious if this is a rurmor or not, but sometime this summer FB is going to start charging to use it. I am thinking this isn't true, I know I wouldn't Pay for it.

So if FB does start charging how many of you that have a FB account will pay to use it ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 10:36 PM
    I would never pay to have a facebook account
    04-15-10 10:50 PM
    I can't see that happening. It's a rumor.
    04-15-10 10:52 PM
    Facebook would ultimately fail if they were to charge. They already make cash from advertisements and I'm sure some applications.
    04-15-10 11:01 PM
    That's a rumor that's been popping up for as long as the site has been up. Of course it isn't true. For one, that would be the death of Facebook, because I don't see many people paying for it. There will always be something else out there if the unlikely were to happen...

04-15-10 11:02 PM
    Why does it matter? Even if they did, everyone would just flock to something new. AIM, MySpace, Fubar, etc. Facebook isn't a necessary enough service that more than the 10,000 people sickeningly addicted to FarmVille are going to pay for it.

If Facebook shuts down, I'll personally start a site called NewFacebook. Problem solved.
    04-15-10 11:09 PM
    If Facebook shuts down, I'll personally start a site called NewFacebook. Problem solved.
    Yea, but after you start it, will YOU charge? Then I might have to start a NewerFacebook...
    04-16-10 09:19 AM
    Why does it matter? Even if they did, everyone would just flock to something new. AIM, MySpace, Fubar, etc. Facebook isn't a necessary enough service that more than the 10,000 people sickeningly addicted to FarmVille are going to pay for it.

Awww, I was gonna use InYourFaceBook. Just closed my account to this iinternet mind-dump.
    04-16-10 09:21 AM
    Can't see it ever hapening when there are so many other free options out there. I am sure they make all sorts of money. This rumor has been going around for atleast a year that I know of.
    04-16-10 02:29 PM
    I see this as highly unlikely since if they did fb as we know it would be over and know one in there right mind would pay to talk to there friends!
    04-16-10 03:18 PM
    there have been similar rumors about facebook/myspace/hotmail/etc charging for their services. As far as I know, every time the original email is sent out as a tracker.

Lets say I wanted to spam a whole bunch of people with advertising. So I make up a story about a popular online social website, and how they will cancel my account unless I forward the message to everyone in my friends list... if everyone did that (with tracker code nicely hidden away) I'd soon have a whole bunch of email addy's to spam.

Once again, this one (just like all the others) are rumor/spam. I delete these messages as soon as it hits my inbox.
    04-16-10 03:19 PM
    cant see them charging, but I can see them to start adding Ad's to make money.
    04-16-10 03:26 PM
    they should charge so people stop using it. There are just some things that don't need to be public on the intraweb... Someone create a facebook plugin called Facebook Filter. lol
    04-16-10 03:47 PM
    Facebook Makes millions with just advertising.
    So don't worry about it.
    Plus we could just start to use buzz!! (false enthusiasm..)
    haha
    myspace?(too slow)
    Twitter?(fail.)
    xanga??(I havent gone on this site for years lol)
    04-16-10 04:04 PM
    Friendster anyone?

04-16-10 04:22 PM
    There is a group called something like; "If Facebook charges, I'll stop using it" If you join that group, it's full of viruses, spyware, etc. It's a trick...
    04-16-10 04:25 PM
    Everything that has to do with "copy and paste this code" to get some extravagant add-on for facebook or stop a ridiculous claim is a scam to phish for emails and remote cookies. Tread carefully.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-16-10 06:05 PM
    Wait, wait, wait. So you're telling me Bill Gates ISN'T going to send me thousands of dollars for forwarding messages about hotmail possibly charging soon?!

And after all these years I thought I'd be a millionaire...
    04-20-10 01:49 PM
    Facebook charging = Classmates.com

How's that working out for them?
    04-20-10 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD