Symptom:
    Calendar takes ~5 seconds to load. Upon loading, another ~5 seconds till it will respond to any activity. I have it default to Agenda view, as I always have. Prior to v5.0.0.607 this was NEVER an issue.

Work-around:
    If I turn "show free time" to ON, then it works perfect. Loads instantly, scrolls instantly, etc. However, turned OFF, it reverts to issue above.

Problem is that I really don't want to show the free time on my view. Whom else has this issue, anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve this?!
    04-14-10 07:47 PM
    I had/have the same problem. My workaround - changed my default view to month. Luckily, my theme has a hidden today view. No help, but... I'm hoping somebody else has the same situation and can help us BOTH out.

Edit: Tried your suggestion and it was just as slow as before and I can't stand all that free time showing! Back to month view.
    Last edited by CZeph; 04-14-10 at 10:34 PM.
    04-14-10 10:29 PM
    This worked for me (used to take over 30 seconds for Calendar to load in Agenda view - no exag!). However, the free time thing is quite annoying - but at least it works!

Does anyone else have another fix? (Or maybe a fix to make showing free time less annoying? Thanks.
    04-15-10 08:16 AM
    Did anyone else with the slow agenda problem notice that if you hit the down button on the lower far right of the calendar (in agenda) that your events go all the way to some serious futuristic date? Mine goes all the way to 2058. That might be why the agenda view is taking so long to load. I don't know where I would go to change a setting to only see like 90 days ahead. I'm on a mac and when I use DM for Mac, I have the option set to only 14 days prior and 90 days ahead but it's giving me birthdays into the Star Wars era. Can anybody help with this?

Edit: NVM. I'm throwing in the towel and using Google Sync to keep my calendar up to date and Yahoo/Mac Address Book to keep my contacts in sync. Guess what? My slow agenda ain't slow no mo! And I don't have see birthdays in the next millennium. Good luck, slow agenda folks. :P
    Last edited by CZeph; 04-23-10 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Found solution!
    04-23-10 09:09 PM
    putting 'end time' in agenda view also fixes the lag problem, without the extra line for 'free time'

PS- wonder if RIM knows of the problem ?
    04-24-10 09:35 AM
    Are just a couple of us having this issue with 607 and agenda view?

any other thoughts on a fix?
    04-28-10 11:08 AM
    End time didn't fix it for me - I had WAY too many problems with .607 installed - I removed it the other day.
    04-28-10 02:15 PM
    I called VZW- they've had no reports of this issue.

I guess few people use Agenda View?
    04-29-10 08:50 AM
    Well i just upgraded to 5.0.0.681 and i am having the same problem with Agenda view. Tried battery pulls and all. Tried the no end date option didn't solve it.
    But tried the "show free" time and it improved it. Still lags a second i think, but its much better. The only thing is the following:
    When u first go to the calendar (have my default on Month view) and u click on a day, u see the Day view of the selected day. When u click on A to see agenda, the agenda opens and scrolls easily. When u go back using the back key u can see the month view normally, but now when u click on a selected day it re-opens it in Agenda view, unless u click D when a certain day is selected, or u got of calendar and u go in again. I dunno whether this used to be the case in older OS, but i hardly doubt

Lemme know what u guyz face in this.
    05-28-10 11:42 AM
    Do you have birthdays listed on your contacts? If so, you might have to put an end date to EVERY recurring entry for 2 - 3 years from now. Kinda morbid, but it'll stop your calendar from jumping to 50 - 60 years from now.
    05-28-10 11:46 AM
    I had a different problem with my agenda view, but they might have the same solution, since the whole "free time" fix also helped my problem.

I found that the issue with mine was having the "show tasks" option set to "yes" while at the same time having open ended tasks (ie, tasks without a set due date). Turning off tasks worked, as well as making sure all my tasks had a date. It doesn't even seem to matter what that date is (even if I set it to the past or ridiculously far into the future) as long as they all have dates.

Hope this helps!
    06-25-10 11:41 PM
    I'm on .713 and I can not replicate this problem no matter what settings I try. My calendar is smooth and fast. I never had a problem with it on .607 either. I'm not saying its not real, as I've heard others make the same complaint, I just can't replicate it with my device. Maybe the issue is I only ever have about twenty appointments set on my calendar at any given time, whereas other have a much more extensive calendar/schedule.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 09:32 AM
    Mr. Orange do you have birthdays on your calendar? If so, how far in advance do they go on the calendar?
    06-26-10 09:34 AM
    I don't have birthdays listed and that might be the difference. I used to, but it always doubled or tripled each birthday entry so I took them out.

06-26-10 10:04 AM
    I don't have birthdays listed and that might be the difference. I used to, but it always doubled or tripled each birthday entry so I took them out.

Thanks. I gotta have 'em on there - I got CRS syndrome (Can't Remember S---).
    06-26-10 10:08 AM
    LOL! I understand.

06-26-10 10:16 AM
    I started having this issue when i connected my facebook friends with the blackberry contacts; it adds their birthday to the calendar for many years into the future. I basically changed the end date for all the birthday events to 2011 instead of 'never.' this sped up my calendar app a lot;
    07-26-10 04:16 PM
    I get that birthdays in perpetuity makes it slower, but I had this on .517 and it didn't affect it at all. And why does showing free time fix the perpetual bday lag?

I want answers! I want the truth!
    08-30-10 09:27 PM
    Adding "Free Time" to the agenda view worked for me. Although it is annoying.
    09-03-10 12:57 PM
    I had the same calendar lag time, in Agenda view, on my Torch that you've all reported. Thanks to your suggestions about enabling "free time", it has solved the problem. Now, how do we get RIM to fix this so we don't have to show "free time"? Are they listening???
    10-01-10 05:29 PM
    I have the same problem on my bold 9700, and the "free time" thing works for me. UNFORTUNATELY. Hope we can find a different fix for this.

Did anyone else with the slow agenda problem notice that if you hit the down button on the lower far right of the calendar (in agenda) that your events go all the way to some serious futuristic date? Mine goes all the way to 2058. That might be why the agenda view is taking so long to load. I don't know where I would go to change a setting to only see like 90 days ahead. I'm on a mac and when I use DM for Mac, I have the option set to only 14 days prior and 90 days ahead but it's giving me birthdays into the Star Wars era. Can anybody help with this?

Edit: NVM. I'm throwing in the towel and using Google Sync to keep my calendar up to date and Yahoo/Mac Address Book to keep my contacts in sync. Guess what? My slow agenda ain't slow no mo! And I don't have see birthdays in the next millennium. Good luck, slow agenda folks. :P
    How, exactly, do you "hit" this button?
    11-08-10 09:10 PM
    Just new to this forum!
    I am switching my wife's 8900 to a new 9780. She had the slow calender agenda view issue that corrected itself with the update a few weeks ago. It started to slow up this last week and it was time to upgrade to the 9780 anyway. I moved all the info from the 8900 by syncing with the settings changed to outlook wins. The new 9780 is already slowing up in the calendar! I did try the quick fix of 'show free time' and that has worked. Any other fixes besides the 'end time' one?

BBAG
    12-11-10 04:39 PM
    I have Bold 9700 with AT&T. I just upgraded from OS 5 to OS 6 hoping that this problem would go away, but no. It's still there. I have about 800 calendar entries through Google Sync and another 300 or so through facebook (mostly birthdays I presume). Agenda view is slow but when I turn on show free time, it's much faster.
    05-02-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD