I downloaded mini opera...I noticed my phone was slower and I was seeing the timer window a lot and the phone was a little sluggish. I deleted it and did a battery pull. When it started back up I had a Skype and NFL live icons....where did they come from...update??? Sorry if this sounds goofy I'm still a newbie so go easy on me.
    04-14-10 03:28 PM
    They are launchers pushed by your carrier if you choose to download those programs. If you choose not to, highlight each one in the menu then do blackberry key --> hide
    04-14-10 03:34 PM
    The icons got pushed to your device via a service book by your provider. They are not actual programs, but rather icons that point to a download of the actual programs. It's verizon's way of encouraging you to try those featured applications. You are NOT required to download them. You can move them to your applications directory, or hide them, and never have to deal with them. HOWEVER I personally like the NFL App.
    04-14-10 03:34 PM
    Verizon (and other carriers) will randomly push (send) apps to your phone. I'm sure you have many others, like the ones that came on the phone. These are just icons, not actual apps, if you click them they will bring you to the site to download it. These take up very little space on your BB, and can't be deleted, they will always come back.

The best thing to do is create a folder named "Junk" and put all the app icons you don't use, or want, in there. Then just hide the folder.
    04-14-10 03:38 PM
    Well I'm a football girl so I HAD to download that one...skype was totally unnecessary...thanks all.
    04-15-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD