So I have been thinking about getting my S1 replaced because of excessive dust under the screen, thinking that by now they would be out of S1s and I would slide into S2. Well yesterday my hand was forced when I dropped my S1 and it pooped out and would not turn on again. So I go into Verizon to get swapped out and the rep brings out an S1 in a brown box! WTF!!! How do they still have S1? I keep reading that people were being swapped into S2 back in like December. How is it that I get an S1 in April? This sucks
    04-14-10 01:44 PM
    Your complaining because you got the same REPLACEMENT device as you brought in? Sounds to me like got exactly what you should have.

Your lucky that you got one right away, and not have to go through insurance. You would have had to wait and pay a deductible.

Why do you expect something from Verizon? They don't owe you anything but a replacement device. Why not get a Storm 2 the way you should? By buying one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 02:03 PM
    Well stated, ridesno. Sadly, everybody is out to scam the system and see what they can get away with. While true, there are a few individuals who have reported (unconfirmed) that they were upgraded to a 2 when returning a 1, those cases are extremely rare. As for "when will VZW run out" that's incomprehensible. Think about it. Just make up some numbers: 1,000 S1s manufactured and sold (new). 150 returned and replaced, either with new devices (out of the 1,000) and then refurbished to be used as replacements. The pool is endless when it comes to refurbished devices, ESPECIALLY since a replacement has come out (S2) putting even more S1s back on the market. It's not gonna happen. People that got the S2 as a replacement (assuming they really did) did NOT receive them simply because "VZW ran out."

But back to the more important note that ridesno brings up. You bought an S1 and it was replaced with an S1. If you want an S2, then, like most of us, go out and buy it.

Your complaining because you got the same REPLACEMENT device as you brought in? Sounds to me like got exactly what you should have.

Your lucky that you got one right away, and not have to go through insurance. You would have had to wait and pay a deductible.

Why do you expect something from Verizon? They don't owe you anything but a replacement device. Why not get a Storm 2 the way you should? By buying one.

04-14-10 02:09 PM
    I don't think the tone of the OPs post was that s/he deserved a Storm 2, just that they have been designated as EOL devices for what seems like awhile now. I agree that a S1 should be replaced by a S1. If you're lucky, or have had multiple ones replaced, then maybe an S2 but only at their discretion. Actually, since it was mentioned that it was dropped, immediate replacement not through insurance seems like exemplary customer service.

04-14-10 04:43 PM
    I don't think the tone of the OPs post was that s/he deserved a Storm 2, just that they have been designated as EOL devices for what seems like awhile now.

It sure sounded to me like the OP was complaining and expected to get a Storm 2. The "OMG" in the title doesn't help much either. If they weren't complaining then why did they start a thread? I just think the OP could of asked the same question in a much better way.

So I have been thinking about getting my S1 replaced because of excessive dust under the screen, thinking that by now they would be out of S1s and I would slide into S2. Well yesterday my hand was forced when I dropped my S1 and it pooped out and would not turn on again. So I go into Verizon to get swapped out and the rep brings out an S1 in a brown box! WTF!!! How do they still have S1? I keep reading that people were being swapped into S2 back in like December. How is it that I get an S1 in April? This sucks
    04-14-10 05:00 PM
    Be happy that you have a beautiful, working device on an amazing network with good 3G.
    Hey, the S1 might be out-dated but be lucky you have a phone, especially a Blackberry.
    04-14-10 05:23 PM
    The OP was clearly hoping for an S2. They didn't make any claim that they deserved an S2. I would hope for one two, and be bummed if I didn't get one.

Honestly, though, I am on my 5th S1. If this one broke again under the 1 year warranty (it didn't) I WOULD have expected an upgrade to something that didn't break every 2 months. But this one has worked.
    04-14-10 05:29 PM
    So, we're all in to the issue of INTERPRETING what the OP really meant by the post, LOL! I've read, re-read, and re-re-read, the post. It appears, to me, to imply that "I've waited until I think they've run out and now I'll post my claim." Of course, I could be wrong, but who knows. It is a very common occurrence that people try and game the system and shout "Fowl" when their attempt fails. Not saying the OP did this, but their post certainly could be construed that way.
    04-14-10 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD