Hi everyone,

Ive just got myself an 8900 blackberry and just need to find some way to get a BIS Data plan. I bought the phone UNLOCKED and am currently using my O2 sim card in the UK. I have just contacted 02 to be told that they only offer BIS Internet service/Data Plan to contract customers....

So my question is, within the UK is there any other network that will allow me to use their service and provided me with settings so that i can use the blackberry messenger etc, or is there no way out of this dilema?

I can use the wi-fi perfectly well to web browse but there are limitations for apps which require a fixed data plan service to use them.

If anyone has had a similar issue or could help shed some light on this then i'd be very pleased,

Thanks a lot

John
    04-14-10 10:52 AM
    I believe PAYG customers on T-Mobile UK can pay for 6 months BIS data plan. Check out their website.
    04-14-10 12:24 PM
    A BIS is required to use most of the applications BlackBerry offers.

Orange PAYG offers a BIS with 100MB , on PAYG you can also choose an award
    e.g. Dolphin = free texts + Facebook access . ect .

check out the website for more details though
    04-14-10 01:14 PM
    Hi everyone,

Ive just got myself an 8900 blackberry and just need to find some way to get a BIS Data plan. I bought the phone UNLOCKED and am currently using my O2 sim card in the UK. I have just contacted 02 to be told that they only offer BIS Internet service/Data Plan to contract customers....

So my question is, within the UK is there any other network that will allow me to use their service and provided me with settings so that i can use the blackberry messenger etc, or is there no way out of this dilema?

I can use the wi-fi perfectly well to web browse but there are limitations for apps which require a fixed data plan service to use them.

If anyone has had a similar issue or could help shed some light on this then i'd be very pleased,

Thanks a lot

John
    What you were told is absolute rubbish, they have the simplicity sim which is technically PAYG as its a 30 day rolling contract : Simplicity 30 day Blackberry

Hope this is what your after as if you want a data plan on o2 this is the 'cheapest' option (its unlimited)
    04-14-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD