For all those of you who use crunchsms, i have a curious question...i currently have a 8330 and installed crunchsms on my phone couple days ago and was wondering if its possible to have different ringers assigned by using the exceptions like you can with the native sms
    04-13-10 01:40 PM
    Nope. Not yet anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 03:57 PM
    No you can't do that on crunchSMS, all you can do is just have a general alert for receiving messages.
    04-13-10 04:11 PM
    Does anyone else have issues with mms messages coming in as links instead of pictures? I have the firewall option on sms but not mms. Sorry to threadjack

04-13-10 08:26 PM
    Yeah. I emailed them about it, they said they're working on it.

04-13-10 08:29 PM
    yes you can change the ringer for the incoming text message. go to profile options>advanced>currently selected profile>edit>crunchsms and change the ringtone.
    04-13-10 09:14 PM
    how do you get sms messages to be sent to the crunchsms app only and not the regular message folder?

how about an indicator at the top, like the yellow envelope? is there anyway to get that from the app?
    Last edited by niknicaj; 04-13-10 at 11:49 PM.
    04-13-10 11:40 PM
    how do you get sms messages to be sent to the crunchsms app only and not the regular message folder?

how about an indicator at the top, like the yellow envelope? is there anyway to get that from the app?
    Options --> Security Options --> Firewall --> Block incoming SMS messages

The app does have an indicator at the top- it's a purple dialogue bubble...
    04-13-10 11:59 PM
    Options --> Security Options --> Firewall --> Block incoming SMS messages

The app does have an indicator at the top- it's a purple dialogue bubble...
    the indicator isnt showing up on mine.. is anyone else having the same problem
    04-14-10 12:21 AM
    the indicator isnt showing up on mine.. is anyone else having the same problem
    Yes, I had no idea there was an indicator! Maybe it doesn't work on some phones or OS?
    04-14-10 12:57 AM
    I have been using crunchSMS since like v1.4 this is an awesome app. Blue bubble indicator shows on mine also has red star on icon.
    04-14-10 01:10 AM
    I have been using crunchSMS since like v1.4 this is an awesome app. Blue bubble indicator shows on mine also has red star on icon.
    Yeah, I do get the red star on the icon- problem is I use a lot of blank home screen themes and have to go to the app screen to see it if I don't happen to hear it.
    04-14-10 01:15 AM
    Yes, I had no idea there was an indicator! Maybe it doesn't work on some phones or OS?
    I get no bubble in the banner either. Just the app icon with the red star.

04-14-10 11:32 AM
    I get no bubble in the banner either. Just the app icon with the red star.

There's a trend here- the 2 people on this thread who get the indicator have newer-model BBs and are running OS 5.0. The 3 of us who don't get it have 8330s. I'm running a 4.5 OS; if you 2 are as well, then that's probably it.
    04-14-10 06:27 PM
    i just installed crunchsms a couple of days ago and so far it's great, but i wish it worked with berrybuzz so i'd get reminders.
    04-14-10 08:22 PM
    There's a trend here- the 2 people on this thread who get the indicator have newer-model BBs and are running OS 5.0. The 3 of us who don't get it have 8330s. I'm running a 4.5 OS; if you 2 are as well, then that's probably it.
    I get the indicator and I'm running 4.5 on my 8330m.
    04-15-10 08:37 AM
    I just installed it and I'm not getting an indicator sad face... On another hand I really wish there was a way to intergrate this into the BB message folder.. Then it would be tits up

04-15-10 01:02 PM
    I get the indicator and I'm running 4.5 on my 8330m.
    I just installed it and I'm not getting an indicator sad face... On another hand I really wish there was a way to intergrate this into the BB message folder.. Then it would be tits up

Hmm... what is Adrianne doing differently from the rest of us? Figure that out and mystery solved.

Seriously though, the only reason I'm pursuing this is because I want to contact them and be able to say, "a bunch of us are missing this functionality and this is what we all have in common."
    04-15-10 01:27 PM
    yeah, i really wish the indicator worked on my phone.

the app on my phone also seems to have an older logo. the two bubbles are completely filled with color while the logo i seen when i downloaded it only had the outlining off the colors
    04-15-10 05:27 PM
    if the indicator isnt working, try reinstalling the app. it worked for me when i installed it on my gf's 8330 running os5
    04-15-10 07:47 PM
    8320 OS 4.5 indicator not working for me..and the red star on app icon doesnt show until i scroll on it
    04-15-10 08:26 PM
    if the indicator isnt working, try reinstalling the app. it worked for me when i installed it on my gf's 8330 running os5
    Did that. Unfortunately, still doesn't show up...
    04-15-10 11:06 PM
    what are the chances that the icon is theme controlled? im not running a rim/carrier theme... just thinking out loud here..
    04-16-10 09:20 AM
    Nope, not theme... I have the same problem and I have changed the theme back to stock theme - I do get red 'notification' but nothing at the top to remind me that I have a new SMS

any other ideas?
    04-16-10 10:12 AM
    i have a curve 8320 and my crunchsms is working fine..indicator and all! hummmmm.....
    04-16-10 10:19 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD