So I was contacted by RIM, under the Beta program to test the new 5.0.15 BBM. After a bunch of agreements and waivers I got the link and keycode.

I don't see a lot of publicity on this, anyone else in the program?
    04-13-10 12:54 PM
    It's a BETA Testing Program... all information about their beta software should be discussed in THEIR forum... at least that is what I think and probably why we don't see much talk on this forum... there are known bugs with this release, which are posted on THEIR website.
    04-13-10 01:00 PM
    RIM prohibits discussions about Beta Apps outside it's beta test zone. Only those join the program can discuss about the beta apps IN RIM�s BETA FORUM not out here. Please don't break the rule or we all not gonna get any beta apps.
    04-13-10 01:00 PM
    Did you read the bit in the RIM contract where you are not allowed even to disclose the existence of the contract. If not, I think that you should re-read the contract to see just what you have gotten youself into.
    04-13-10 01:08 PM
    ok nvm then
    04-13-10 01:11 PM
    "There is no BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.15" - Neo

Sorry, random.
    04-13-10 01:13 PM
    Mod please delete this thread.
    04-13-10 01:17 PM
    i just think its funny how people click yes to everything in the agreement that they signed up for without even reading it. if you did, you would realize that theres no publicity for it, because there isnt supposed to be.
    04-13-10 11:55 PM
    Wow, read agreements first haha

as stated above

"There is no BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.15" - Neo
    04-14-10 03:07 AM
    I think it is pretty funny to how people are so scared of upsetting RIM and posting about an app. What will they do? Dump you from a beta program? Oh my! RIM needs crackberry to exist.
    04-14-10 06:50 AM
    I think it is pretty funny to how people are so scared of upsetting RIM and posting about an app. What will they do? Dump you from a beta program? Oh my! RIM needs crackberry to exist.
    I believe you're missing the point.
    Non-Disclosure Agreements are supposed to mean something. Otherwise, they aren't worth the paper they are written on... Somethings are just not meant to be in the public domain (e.g. for competitive edge in most cases).

Otherwise, RIM would be better off just having a public beta testing forum without any agreements - which their Beta testing Zone is not supposed to be. Or reverting back to their previous testing model and then having a non-polished product released to the masses.
    04-14-10 07:16 AM
    I believe you're missing the point.
    Non-Disclosure Agreements are supposed to mean something. Otherwise, they aren't worth the paper they are written on... Somethings are just not meant to be in the public domain (e.g. for competitive edge in most cases).

Otherwise, RIM would be better off just having a public beta testing forum without any agreements - which their Beta testing Zone is not supposed to be. Or reverting back to their previous testing model and then having a non-polished product released to the masses.
    which is exactly what it says in a nutshell in the NDA. they dont want BBM and all their other available Beta testing software to be out in the public mostly because of competition.
    04-14-10 07:43 AM
    #1 - The first rule of the RIM BETA Program is, you do not talk about the RIM BETA Program.

#2 - The second rule of the RIM BETA Program is, you DO NOT talk about the RIM BETA Program.

This post brought to you by Tyler Durden.
    04-14-10 08:19 AM
    Terms and Conditions that all members of BlackBerry Beta Zone agree to upon joining the site. Specifically,

"You acknowledge and agree that: (a) the successful market launch of commercial versions of RIM products and/or services requires You to keep all content discussed on or contained in the Site (the "Content") strictly confidential; (b) the premature release of any of the Content would damage RIM's competitive edge and intellectual property rights; (c) the Content shall not be shared with anyone other than other authorized users of the Site; and (d) only Content that has been publicly released by RIM may be discussed or shown to the public."

^Right from the Beta Zone site
    04-14-10 10:37 AM
    The Blackberry OS has a legal screen that forbids reverse engineering, but look how many hybrids there are..
    04-14-10 11:57 AM
    I can't see why so many people are jumping down this mans throat for asking a question. I guess everyone responding is just perfectly law abiding citizens who have never broken a law, never loaded leaked software or hybrid os's either. I don't believe yall.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 12:15 PM
    I think it is pretty funny to how people are so scared of upsetting RIM and posting about an app. What will they do? Dump you from a beta program?
    Maybe dump the beta program and just develop stuff with out user feed back. Leaving us to be stuck with what they feel is best. Where are you from? If I sign up for something and there are rules in place, I abide by those rules. I guess your one of those who goes to jury duty and discusses the case cause your not scared of the court? Its a nice thing that rim offers a beta program to get ideas and feed back. It would be ashame if it was gone cause people cant keep quiet about stuff there asked not to discuss...

RIM needs crackberry to exist.
    Rim does not need crackberry to exist. They only need anyone who walks into a store and buys a blackberry. Most people don't even know about crackberry until they have a problem and Google it.. Get your facts straight. Crackberry needs rim to exist...
    04-14-10 06:38 PM
    RIM would have to spend millions of dollars in court costs to try to even remotely prove that they had the person who even clicked ok for the NDA. RIM isn't making people actually sign documents, this would be harder to prove than people sharing mp3's and the RIAA has to date never done that either. i think you'd have to be pretty 'they're gonna get ya' conspiracy nut to think RIM is gonna launch a team of lawyers after you for talking about BBM on the internet.
    04-14-10 07:35 PM
    They know who is using their beta stuff from your pin. And many people here post their pin in there profile info..
    04-14-10 08:11 PM
    hahahaha well... i can assure you RIM doesn't know my name, or any info about me, they're not going to take you to court and say "LOOK JUDGE, HERES HIS PIN NUMBER" a judge is going to say, "ok, you need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that nobody sat down on his computer and typed about the beta program, you have to prove to the court that it was him" and thats impossible, the RIAA has way more money at their disposal than RIM and still to date haven't done this once.
    04-14-10 08:15 PM
    So I was contacted by RIM, under the Beta program to test the new 5.0.15 BBM. After a bunch of agreements and waivers I got the link and keycode.

I don't see a lot of publicity on this, anyone else in the program?
    All the OP did was ask a question. I agree that the NDA states that nothing should be said outside the place where it should be said, but I don't think the CrackBerry community should be flaming this person, and discouraging him/her from ever asking for anything, let alone signing back in.
    Give it a break peeps... let's relax and be a helpful community
    04-15-10 03:08 AM
    this thread and any further threads about this app need to be locked and deleted... thats my suggestions... it just to prevent a huge war and flame fest
    04-15-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD