I UPdated to OS 5.0.0.484 from 4.7 on US Cellular this weekend. I like the features of 5 but now my Battery LIFE SUCKS. I picked phone off charger this am at 5:30 talked maybe 1 min the rest of the time it has been in the Holster and at 11:30 I took phone of of holster it is down to 20% battery.

This is crazy I though it seemed to be draining faster than normal yesterday I disabled all the GPS and Blue tooth which I never had to do with the old OS.

Is this a major bug in 5?
    Is there a Fix or should I really consider going back to 4.7. I think I would much rather have the memory leak issue that was going on with 4.7 than to have my battery life 1/10 of what is was.
    04-13-10 12:15 PM
    I UPdated to OS 5.0.0.484 from 4.7 on US Cellular this weekend. I like the features of 5 but now my Battery LIFE SUCKS. I picked phone off charger this am at 5:30 talked maybe 1 min the rest of the time it has been in the Holster and at 11:30 I took phone of of holster it is down to 20% battery.

This is crazy I though it seemed to be draining faster than normal yesterday I disabled all the GPS and Blue tooth which I never had to do with the old OS.

Is this a major bug in 5?
    Is there a Fix or should I really consider going back to 4.7. I think I would much rather have the memory leak issue that was going on with 4.7 than to have my battery life 1/10 of what is was.
    5.0 OS has to set into device before good battery life is received.
    Fully Charge battery, let it drain down to 5% a couple time you will find battery life greatly improve on 3rd charge
    04-13-10 12:23 PM
    How many battery pulls have you done since the upgrade? That seems to help the OS settle in a little quicker also. Give it a few more days and several battery pulls and see how it performs.
    04-13-10 12:33 PM
    I am also a U.S. Cellular customer with the Tour 9630 and just upgraded to 5.0 yesterday. The instructions from the Desktop Manager screens are so poor and for some odd reason I ended up with 2 copies of Facebook! I had to delete both, then redownload and install in order for it to take my e-mail addy and password! It totally rearranged my icons and the final instructions said nothing about having to do a hard restart which cleared some problems such as the web browser not showing my bookmarks, etc. Needless to say I was getting pretty frustrated over this but, like so much else, just experimenting around got me at least back onto Facebook and my web browser. Very disappointed that the icons got rearranged on me though,
    04-13-10 12:49 PM
    How many battery pulls have you done since the upgrade? That seems to help the OS settle in a little quicker also. Give it a few more days and several battery pulls and see how it performs.
    SEVERAL Battery Pulls? wow. Ok will give that a try.
    04-13-10 04:48 PM
    I picked phone off charger this am at 5:30 talked maybe 1 min the rest of the time it has been in the Holster and at 11:30 I took phone of of holster it is down to 20% battery.
    Is it possible that your device's reception has changed due to your physical location, or possibly a cell site in your proximity being offline - causing your device to roam or constantly search for signals? I installed an app known as Radio Saver to help me combat these 'no signal' issues, which can exhaust a freshly charged battery in just a couple hours.

I'd give it a couple days to wear-in while monitoring the signal strength. Also, ensure that your Network Technology is set to 1XEV.
    04-13-10 08:38 PM
    SEVERAL Battery Pulls? wow. Ok will give that a try.
    I know it sounds wicked, but I do 6-8 just installing a new hybrid and that is in a matter of an hour or two. Make sure you let it sit for about a minute before putting the battery back in.
    04-13-10 11:41 PM
    .484 was kinda hard on my battery also, but not as bad as the 591 release from Verizon. I'm now running a .419 based hybrid now and the battery life is pretty good. But I'm on VZW. I don't what would work best with USCC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 03:31 AM
    I was having the same issue. I went in and looked at my settings. I had to change from Global network to 1XEV. It is located under options,mobile network, network selection mode. This is with Verizon anyway.
    04-14-10 10:51 AM
    I know it sounds wicked, but I do 6-8 just installing a new hybrid and that is in a matter of an hour or two. Make sure you let it sit for about a minute before putting the battery back in.
    I am not really sure why this worked but it seems to have doen the trick. I am so suprised. I will have to remember this on future updates.
    04-14-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD