Hey US Blackberry Fellows .

I' am posting cause i very woried about one problem .

I install MeterBerry and i can see that i lost 1 % battery every 30 min = 20 % for 10 Hours ..... very sucks

Nothing is running in background , no weather app

Do you have any ideas ??? am i OCD or just normal Used ......

My phone settings are 3G / 2G , Automatic

Everybody are talking about 3 or 4 days without charging it , i have to charge it every day or 2 days max ...

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by FrenchCrackberry; 04-13-10 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add info
    04-13-10 10:09 AM
    My money is on meterberry.
    04-13-10 10:13 AM

I install MeterBerry and i can see that i lost 1 % battery every 30 min = 20 % for 10 Hours ..... very sucks

Everybody are talking about 3 or 4 days without charging it , i have to charge it every day or 2 days max ...

Thanks for your help
    If you have Meterberry set to update at half hour intervals it's probably that like Yester18 said
    04-13-10 10:31 AM
    Sounds like good numbers to me... I'd like to see who in the world is getting 3 to 4 days on a Blackberry full charge... I've never tried to go more than about 24 hours without connecting it to a charger... but I guess I use my Blackberry a little more than some do... I guess.
    04-13-10 10:34 AM
    Do you think that meterberry needs 1 % of the battery to collect all the info ?
    04-13-10 10:36 AM
    Sounds like good numbers to me... I'd like to see who in the world is getting 3 to 4 days on a Blackberry full charge... I've never tried to go more than about 24 hours without connecting it to a charger... but I guess I use my Blackberry a little more than some do... I guess.
    There is the link of my French Post . If you can't reas french , you xwill understant the %

Blackberry - Batterie & 3G - Forum Blackberry - Bold, Storm, Pearl, Curve
    04-13-10 10:38 AM
    My money is on meterberry.
    So is mine. MeterBerry runs in the backround as well, even though it does not show as running in the "App Switcher" it does. Just because an application appears it's not running in the backround, doesn't mean it's not. Developers choose whether or not to add the icon to the "Ribbon" or "App Switcher" as it's called. But if you leave MeterBerry open for a bit, you can see the temperature changes and battery voltage change...
    04-13-10 10:39 AM
    04-13-10 10:44 AM
    20% over 10 hours is really good..... Not sure what you're talking about. I've lost 20 perfent in 6 hours with heavy use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 10:45 AM
    20% over 10 hours is really good..... Not sure what you're talking about. I've lost 20 perfent in 6 hours with heavy use.

For the 20 % that i lost is with NO use ( Or 1 email and 20 BBM ) . that my problem
    04-13-10 10:58 AM
    I got it and edit the Title , Thanks
    04-13-10 11:03 AM
    You what? 3 or 4 days without charging? Do you people even use your berrys? Today has been a quiet day, and I'm at 73% after approx 10 hours, having had the phone plugged in for a while when I did the 593 update. I have to charge every night or it won't get through a second day!

04-13-10 11:14 AM
    If your phone lasts you all day whats the problem?? I have never seen those numbers before, but i am a heavy user (well i think so anyways)..

10hrs = 80%
    20hrs = 60%
    24hrs = 51%

Those numbers seem good to me...
    04-13-10 11:19 AM

I was thinking the same thing lol. Thats DAMN good battery life imo, what more do you want lol?
    04-13-10 11:51 AM
    For the 20 % that i lost is with NO use ( Or 1 email and 20 BBM ) . that my problem
    I'm going to say it again... "Sounds like good numbers to me"... do you think the Blackberry itself just sits there and DOES NOTHING???? If it's fighting to get a signal it has to work harder to check if there are any emails, or any other data it needs on the device... GPS, Wifi, Twitter, Facebook... ya, ya, ya, you're not using anything. I'm hoping you are actually using your Standby or Lock button (depending on OS version) to put your device into Standby mode and to save some of your battery life... but still, I'd be happy with about 50% in 24 hours.
    04-13-10 12:17 PM
    I see no problem.
    04-13-10 01:09 PM
    One thing I've found on mine is it can go 3 or 4 days of normal use without a charge but it will get down to saying 30% or a bit less of battery left, then next thing I know it'll be powered off and completely dead, dunno wassup with that.
    04-13-10 01:29 PM
    One thing I've found on mine is it can go 3 or 4 days of normal use without a charge but it will get down to saying 30% or a bit less of battery left, then next thing I know it'll be powered off and completely dead, dunno wassup with that.
    Wassup with that is your damaging your battery... you should NEVER, EVER let these battery fully discharge/run down to nothing.... you do that and you damage it and it will get worse because of that damage you just put it through.
    04-13-10 02:16 PM

Thanks for your help

Interesting...if you lose 1% every 30 minutes, then you are losing faster as time goes on????

See.....battery starts at 100%
    after 30 minutes you are at 99% with 1% lost
    after 30 more you are at 98.01% with 1% lost
    after 30 more you are at 97.02%
    after 30 more you are at 96.04%
    after 30 more you at at 95.07%

So with that in mind, if you kept your original statement you should have lost 5% by this time but you really lost 4.92% from full charge.

Anyway, I didn't like berrymeter, it seemed to drain my battery so I dumped it.
    04-13-10 02:26 PM
    Wassup with that is your damaging your battery... you should NEVER, EVER let these battery fully discharge/run down to nothing.... you do that and you damage it and it will get worse because of that damage you just put it through.
    No, I didn't say I was doing that. This happens when it gets down to somewhere around 30%. That shouldnt' be happening. I would never let it get down to 0 and I have not. The lowest I've seen it is about 25% and then suddenly it shuts off, and I seriously doubt it's going from 25% to 0 in a few min.
    04-13-10 03:18 PM
    No kidding FB! I have to charge every night and sometimes have to plug in in the evening, but I use mine nonstop all day.

04-13-10 03:25 PM
    thats strange...try putting a business card under the battery cover.
    04-13-10 04:14 PM
    If your phone lasts you all day whats the problem?? I have never seen those numbers before, but i am a heavy user (well i think so anyways)..

10hrs = 80%
    20hrs = 60%
    24hrs = 51%

Those numbers seem good to me...
    Exactly my numbers, pretty darn good for being on it heavily for 18 hrs
    04-13-10 04:25 PM
    Well after a day I'm down to 18%, when I say "day" I mean from about 7:30am until about midnight. Today wasn't particularly heavy, been on some long calls this evening tho

04-13-10 06:14 PM
    im down to 50% after my phone being on for 16 hours. thats with heavy use of bbm, twitter, mp3 player and the browser.
    04-13-10 08:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD