I'm new to BlackBerry and have been stymied by a problem that I can't find an answer to. When I have my BB in my pocket, the wiggling of the trackpad instantly silences the ring when someone calls. Since I got my Bold 9700 a couple of weeks ago, I think I've missed more calls than I've received and it took me a while to figure out what is going on.

Is there a way to disable the "any button press or trackpad wiggle silences the ring" feature? I'd rather not use the holster - I got the new small BB so it would fit in my front pocket.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 08:30 AM
    Older 9700 OS versions that still enable the Standby button... a user should use the Standby button... newer OS versions, users should use the Lock button.

What OS version are you running on your device??? Options > About... 3rd line... v5.0.0.xxx... what is the xxx ?
    04-13-10 08:51 AM
    I'm running v5.0.0.405.

I've tried the standby button and key lock, but both of those are disabled when the phone starts to ring. Those are useful for preventing accidental dialing, but not accidental silencing.
    04-13-10 09:34 AM
    I ahve auto awnser set to never and I can only mute an incoming call when i push mute or a vo;ume button.

Buuut when I get a message alert< I can mute it by any button push, seems like trackpad movment will also mute it.
    04-13-10 09:50 AM
    Hello my friend here's what to do ; or better try to go into your profiles / I don't have storm experience but you must read the when holstered and that can't be set like (on my 9000 at least)
    when holstered and not holstered there lies the problem
    Also a special(customized) setting can be with that device that I don't know about.
    Profiles from the speakericon on homescreen pick the bottom option(not profiles in general but your usual profile(currently enabled) don't click or touch but open menu when it's selected pin-message(no BBM) 2551736D when you need more info

jarocookies's posterous - Home
    04-13-10 09:56 AM
    My phone sits in my pocket all the time... I've had mine Vibrate while driving, yet it does not stop until I get it out of my pocket and answer the phone.... what other Apps do you have loaded on your device that work with your Profile???
    04-13-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD