does anyone elses trackpad seem to not sit straight if you understand what i mean!
    04-13-10 04:55 AM
    The trackpad on my first 9700 was tilted up and to the left and wobbled around like crazy. My current 9700, the trackpad is tilted very slightly at the top, but it doesn't wobble around at all.

Yup, very common issue. You are more likely to find a 9700 with a wobbly/tilted trackpad than one that sits perfect and doesn't wobble.
    04-13-10 05:08 AM
    ahh ok so its ok and dont need anything done about it?
    its tilted and wobbles a little bit
    04-13-10 05:21 AM
    You could try exchanging it if it is new. I had to exchange my device due to a faulty "e" button. at&t send me three different refurbs...Two had bad trackpads and the third had a bad mute button. They then allowed me to exchange for a new one in store.

Honestly, your trackpad is pretty normal.
    04-13-10 07:54 AM
    aww gud dnt really wanna exchange it unless i have to cos ive customised it all now!!
    04-13-10 08:02 AM
    just do a backup up and restore using DM.....a bit time consuming but that will help with the transition to a new device.
    04-13-10 08:42 AM
    I exchanged my first one that had a good trackpad< but the ceakiest dam hang-up button...I could NOT handle that, felt like it may fall off =(

My second one has the wobbly creaky trackpad, but all else is sound and secure so no mo takebacks.

I fly micro R/C stuff and the tolerances in the switches and buttons are hard to mold exactly PERFECT every time.

Does RIM outsource parts from China????

QQ is the issue here most likley
    04-13-10 09:07 AM
    think i will leave mine as it is
    04-13-10 09:18 AM
    majority of them lean to the top left. it's a design flaw. its possible to fix it but you would have to open the phone up and put some tape underneath the button to prop it up straight.
    04-13-10 10:00 AM
    well im not going to even try that lol id probably break it!!
    04-13-10 10:04 AM
    My wife had a bad "o" key on hers but mine is perfect....Took hers back after 3 days and they exchanged it for another new one without a problem...I find the 2 buttons to the left of the track pad (backup and power/end call) to be a bit tight, almost like they dont even click when pressed, but they do seem to be sensitive enough that they work normally and do not stick..so I guess that is ok. I noticed when I removed the protective film from the screen that the right lower corner of the film was actually stuck in behind these 2 keys so I was very careful to remove it and not leave any plastic stuck in it. I figure there may be some residue in behind and it will probably get more normal with regular use.
    04-13-10 10:16 AM
    Bought my 9700 in January, trackpad was and still is perfectly straight and stiff, no looseness, noises, or unecessary movement, works great.
    04-13-10 10:46 AM
    think i will leave mine as it is
    Let your mind and your gut have a talk, but most likley a good decision.

There may be an easier "fix" than taking the whole phone apart lurking,,,,just waiting to be found.

Nerd
    04-13-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD