http://kik/com/m

I am really impressed with this app! Very nicely integrated with the BB software. I've got a good friend to defected to an iPhone a few years ago. Biggest bummer for both of us was the lose of BBM. This is a nice attempt at a 3rd party BBM! No groups, but delivery conformation and it's free (uses data, not SMS) between other kik users.

I'll stop being a shill for kik now.

Still looks like it's missing a few things like customizing the tone of incoming messages, spell check, and more of the common BB features (T for top, B for bottom, double spacing, and holding keys for caps).

Hopefully, they tweak it, but I'm loving this app!
    04-13-10 12:42 AM
    Looks interesting.

Does it create an entry in Profiles so that you can control how it alerts you of new messages? Also, does it have an option to "Show Chats in Message Application"?

I've got contacts on too many different IM programs (BBM, GTalk, MSN...), not to mention SMS, such that it becomes really difficult to manage unless those two features are present.
    04-13-10 01:41 AM
    Looks interesting.

Does it create an entry in Profiles so that you can control how it alerts you of new messages? Also, does it have an option to "Show Chats in Message Application"?

I've got contacts on too many different IM programs (BBM, GTalk, MSN...), not to mention SMS, such that it becomes really difficult to manage unless those two features are present.
    There's no way to customize profiles, but you can select whether you'd like a tone notification and/or vibration right within the app. You can't customize what type of tone, number of beeps etc.

I like the app. I was really excited when I first downloaded it, at this point though, it's totally not working anymore. Wonder what happened.
    04-13-10 01:45 AM
    CRUNCHSMS works and darn near looks identical and it's COMPLETELY FREE.
    04-13-10 07:27 AM
    CRUNCHSMS works and darn near looks identical and it's COMPLETELY FREE.
    I don't think crunchSMS is even remotely the same. From what I can tell, crunch is still sending the messages via SMS, it's just changing the way you receive them. Also, this is only for BlackBerry's. kik works on both the iPhone and the BlackBerry.
    04-13-10 09:00 AM
    I've been trying since last night to get this app working. I fill in my Name/Number and it gives me a pop-up box saying "did not receive phone # verification text." If anyone has any ideas I would be thankful. I have already done a batt pull, delete/reinstall, and double checked permissions. I also reported the issue thru the apps feedback(haven't heard back, but its only been 1/2 day). TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 09:27 AM
    A non texting phone plan. I have spent the last hour emailing with Ted Livingston from Kik about my above post/issue. He was extremely friendly and helpful, and stuck with me until it was resolved(about an hour) .
    It just so happens if you have a plan without texting and cannot receive texts Kik is unable to verify your phone #. The solution is to purchase enough credit for one text from your carrier to activate the app, or if that's not possible, and if your willing, you can purchase a cheap text package for one month. This may not be sensible to all, but for those that want free/cheap texting (international included) its a cheap solution. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bkir72; 04-13-10 at 11:01 PM.
    04-13-10 06:20 PM
    Hi all,

Tom the QA guy from Kik here. We're working like insane people making Kik Chat even more robust and fail safe. We are also working on integrating profiles to make the experience more seamless to seasoned BlackBerry users.

There's no way to customize profiles, but you can select whether you'd like a tone notification and/or vibration right within the app. You can't customize what type of tone, number of beeps etc.

I like the app. I was really excited when I first downloaded it, at this point though, it's totally not working anymore. Wonder what happened.
    fcknbambola, could you message me with details about your issue? Have you send a bug report yet? Sorry about your trouble, we'll sort out ASAP for you.

Thanks for your input everybody -- we really do listen to you and try to include any and everything you want!
    04-14-10 01:10 PM
    I really like the concept of Kik but keep getting a error titled "Problem Finalizing Registration" and the option to retry or cancel. I have retried several times, and did a battery pull. I am on Verizon with a Storm 2. I do not have a monthly texting plan, but I can receive them at a fee per text. As I go through the program setup I enter my name and phone number, I receive the text and the program states "Authorization SMS Received". From the posts above, do I actually need a monthly plan to register Kik? Or is just getting SMS enough and I have another issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    04-25-10 02:08 PM
    I really like the sound of the program, but feel a bit left out because I have an un supported Pearl, If the Kik team need a Beta Tester for a Pearl version I'm willing to test it for you, and would try and persuade wife to test it as well.

Roland
    04-25-10 02:26 PM
    what are the supported countries for this app? Me and my friends cant seem to get any confirmation SMS as our numbers are not accepted.
    04-27-10 09:52 PM
    what are the supported countries for this app? Me and my friends cant seem to get any confirmation SMS as our numbers are not accepted.
    Only US and Canada.
    Do you plan on adding more country soon ?
    05-12-10 11:25 AM
    We are working on adding new countries as soon as we can get some number from our text provider.

We'll keep you posted here as best as possible, but for the most up-to-date info feel free to following us on twitter.com/kik

Thanks for your interest, big things on the way!
    06-16-10 03:10 PM
    Hi - I'm Tera the Community Manager for Kik.

I've started a dedicated Kik thread here on the Crackberry forums and I will be monitoring it all the time in order to answer any questions or take part in any discussions - check it out!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...90#post5264790
    06-23-10 02:43 PM
    Still loving this app, 8 months later Do I get some type of prize for being an early adopter?
    11-03-10 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD