1. BLCKBERRYADDICT_BRIANFROM_NORRISTOWN_PA's Avatar
    Is firefox out for blackberry bold 9000 yet?
    04-12-10 11:57 PM
    no.. i beleive you can make your browser "appear" to be a firefox browser to the website you are visiting... ps.... i think you have the longest username i've ever seen on crackberry lol
    04-13-10 12:01 AM
    From what I read.. firefox won't be coming to the Blackberry. According to their website, because our operating system is Java based, it won't be compatible on Blackberry's for whatever reason. They have no plans to make a version compatible for Blackberry.

So will Firefox ever be available on the following mobile devices or platforms?

Apple iPhone: We would if we could. The ball is in Steve’s court!

Blackberry: Sorry, no plans. Due to its Java-based operating system, Firefox is not compatible on the Blackberry OS.

Feature phones: We’ve targeted our development for smartphones. Standard mobile or feature phones are not powerful enough to support a great Firefox user experience.
    Article from their website:
    Mobile FAQ
    04-13-10 12:13 AM
    Dam*! That's a long user name lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:20 AM
    At this time, Mozilla has not released a Blackberry version. There are test versions out there, but I cannot atest to how well they work as I've only been told that the browser has been on test units.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:23 AM
    ooooooo well
    what can we do about it.
    04-13-10 12:46 PM
    Philly in the house here! Anyways I'm moving this thread to 3rd Party Apps. So far Mozilla for Blackberry is still not out. There HAVE been rumors.
    04-13-10 12:50 PM
    Yeah all I have heard is rumors and more rumors about this happening doesn't look to promising....
    04-13-10 01:15 PM
    Pardon the "rant" tone of this post, but frankly I'm starting to get rather tired of seeing applications written for other platforms but not being written for the Blackberry. It seems like every time I turn around there's a new application announced, and it's almost always for the iPhone, but not for the Blackberry. What is up with that? (I realize this situation is a bit different, with the Nokia Symbian OS being the one that gets the new application.)

I used to complain about the same thing with the Palm Treo, but that was barely 18 months ago, when Palm OS (not to be confused with their more recent webOS) was already considered on its way out, and there were very few Palm users left anyway. Call the Blackberry OS "a bit dated" if you will, but it's nowhere near the same level as was the Palm OS & Treo models 18 months ago. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Blackberry is the #1 brand of smartphone in use today, even if the iPhone is #2 and the Android OS is starting to make some noise.

It's starting to bother me enough to go so far as to refuse to do business with companies that keep ignoring the Blackberry OS with their new applications (but given that Firefox is free, what do they care).

LRH
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 04-13-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Clarification
    04-13-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD