Hey, just got a replacement droid and none of my apps/settings were restored, but contacts were. Any idea what is going on here and whether I can manually restore everything?

Thanks in advance.
    04-12-10 06:59 PM
    You'll have to redownload them. The first time you open the market again, they should all show up in the downloads as undownloaded, but only once. So download them again right away.
    04-12-10 08:12 PM
    This is just for future reference.

most of the time as soon you reactivate your new phone, if you immediately go into the market it will show you all yer past apps including free and paid. but if you go in the market and then exit it, you will lose it.

if yer rooted try using titanium back up. If yer not rooted, try using Astro File Manager. In the tools section it has an option to backup your apps. Both apps save your apps to your sd card. you just gotta remember to take it out of your old phone.

but both apps don't always work for downloading paid apps because of piracy.
    (some people try to buy the app, back it up, the uninstall/refund then try to restore it)

Titanium can back up system data too. So sometimes (i say sometimes because it works for some people, but others not) it can back up all your market data. So when you restore it, all your apps will show up in your market as "installed" but you would need to redownload them. this is generally what I do for the apps that it doesn't restore.
    04-12-10 11:16 PM
    Titanium backup also backs up app user settings and data as well, something that Astro doesn't do. Some apps will show up as "Private" in Astro, but Titanium backup will be able to backup those apps. I actually use both Astro and Titanium backup.
    04-13-10 12:10 AM
    Titanium backup also backs up app user settings and data as well, something that Astro doesn't do. Some apps will show up as "Private" in Astro, but Titanium backup will be able to backup those apps. I actually use both Astro and Titanium backup.
    same here.
    04-13-10 02:31 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I did a data reset and it set up correctly this time, so I'm all good.
    04-13-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD