I have the verizon 8130 pearl, it a few months old and I have never had this problem before. The battery is charged and the power is on but I can't do anything on the phone because none of the buttons work. The trackball will scroll but only on the home screen and when I click on something nothing happens, I can't answer or ignore a call nor can I make a call. I have done a couple of battery drops and that hasn't worked. Please let me know if you have any clues on how to fix it or if you have had this problem before. If not I'll just have to go to verizon and see what they can do for me. Thanx
    06-22-08 04:32 PM
    Did it happen to get wet? There is a moisture indicator under the battery. It should be white. If it is another color, the warranty is voided.
    06-22-08 04:50 PM
    No it didn't get wet, but verizons insurance plan covers water damage, I just don't want to go through that because its a pain
    06-22-08 06:39 PM
    So I got a little water on the keys yesterday...took out the battery fast and dried it off then put it back together...it worked then...and forgot about it...about 4 hours later i pick it up and only the trackball work and not the keys....so i tired compress air...that didn't work....read this thread....was pretty worried. Anyways so I simply put my laptop (on) in my backpack bag along with my blackberry (back case off) and basically cooked it overnight with the heat from the laptop. woke up about 5 hours later and the blackberry works just fine now. Might not work for everyone...esp if its not moisture and if it is moisture...then if it didn't fry the circuits. Hope this helps someone.
    04-20-09 07:44 AM
    That happened to me once, but a battery pull fixed it. Since that doesn't work, you'll probably have to pick a new one up. You shouldn't have to go through the accidental damage thing since your phone is less than a year old. They should just exchange in store. Hopefully you can still connect to your computer and do a data backup.
    04-21-09 12:42 AM
    I have had this problem before. I backed my device up and then did a master reset and everything worked properly. I didnt anticape that to work so I would of done an OS update if that didnt work. Good Luck!
    04-21-09 09:20 PM
    hii, the exact same thing has happened to mine, what did you do in the end to make it work? it's really annoying me! as i have messages and cannot read them please reply! x
    06-21-09 07:54 AM
    I mashed a lot of buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds out of frustration, then suddenly it worked.
    01-18-10 07:27 AM
    I mashed a lot of buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds out of frustration, then suddenly it worked.
    That is amazing! I was just about to purchase another phone.. Several buttons weren't working, including the trackball. I mashed all the buttons and it worked! Thanks!
    03-21-10 04:20 PM
    That is amazing! I was just about to purchase another phone.. Several buttons weren't working, including the trackball. I mashed all the buttons and it worked! Thanks!
    HOLY S**T I can't believe this method works. I've been so pissed all morning until I stumbled accross this article. Thanks guys, you're awesome. I though I was going to have to reload my OS.
    03-26-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD