Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure I've searched high and low for an answer, but is there any sort of "counter" to let me know how many SMS messages I have sent and received? Or am I stuck counting myself?

I noticed on my last bill I sent 830 messages (which is ok because since I just got my BB as of 2 months ago, they give me 3 months unlimited services), and 830 messages seems like an awful lot for me when I don't go over generally 300-400 messages in a month (less now because of Messenger - seriously gift God's for me and my office).

BB Messenger messages I'm pretty sure would not be included in that, correct? Because BB messenger uses data, and I have the Personal E-mail plan that allows me to use BB messenger.

Thanks! You guys are great
    06-22-08 03:37 PM
    BB messenger messages do not count as apart of your text messages for sprint and ATT. I believe all other carriersare the same. They are included with your BB service.
    06-22-08 04:15 PM
    No there isn't an actual counter. The total messages that have been sent & recieved and not deleted from the device are in the database:
    Options > Status > menu key > Database Sizes. The SMS are the 3rd from the bottom. The number on the left is how many messages have been sent/recieved.

The best bet is to login to your account on your carriers website and check under data usage.
    06-22-08 04:18 PM
    No there isn't an actual counter. The total messages that have been sent & recieved and not deleted from the device are in the database:
    Options > Status > menu key > Database Sizes. The SMS are the 3rd from the bottom. The number on the left is how many messages have been sent/recieved.

The best bet is to login to your account on your carriers website and check under data usage.
    Great - thanks a lot! Yep, I see exactly what you are talking about, and I usually delete all of my text/sent message each month so I guess that's the best indication of sent/received a month.

Hmm 434, and June 22nd...seems relatively normal considering that's sent and received. So I now can ballpark numbers, great thank you so so much!
    06-22-08 04:51 PM
    The only thing I would be careful of is, and I think Tyroni can back me up on this, is that if you have low memory on your BB that the BB will start deleting them automatically which would screw up your count each month.
    06-22-08 04:55 PM
    On T-Mobile there is a number you can "Call" which will make a screen pop-up telling you how many text messages you have used that month. I seriously doubt this will work because it's probably just a T-Mobile thing.. But the number is #674# give it a try.
    06-22-08 05:13 PM
    Yes, all carriers have some soft of number you can call that will send you a free SMS with your usage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 05:30 PM
    I watch my memory metre pretty closely - I usually have anywhere from 17-19MB free. (I use an SD card so pics and all those goodies are on that!)

I had no idea that each carrier has a number that one can call to send me an SMS with my usage! Thanks for all of the help, that's great! I'm going to research to see what my carrier's number may be/try the T-Mobile one.

You guys are great!
    06-22-08 06:46 PM
    I searched for the Rogers one for a few minutes, I couldn't find it.
    06-22-08 06:48 PM
    Hahaha, something about Rogers potentially not even having one doesn't shock me.

But thank you! I suppose I could always call them up if I wanted to have an idea too. But...really, if I don't have to call my carrier...I don't wanna!
    06-22-08 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD