....I have an S1 and love it. My practical side says that there is no sense in replacing it since it works. Yes the wifi would be nice and the doubling of memory but what I have right now isn't broken. I can upgrade now if I want and the $$$ isn't an issue.

I just want a new storm II. Just to have it. (fianc� is rubbing her latest generation iphone in my face).

Okay guys. Tell me why I shouldn't be so practical and why I should just get it. Threaten to kill a puppy if you have to.

Trolls don't bother crashing the thread, the strorms rock, get over it).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 08:29 AM
    I love it too but if your Storm works why not hold off for a few more months and see if the rumors of the Storm 3 are correct. If you don't care about that then by all means jump on board. The wifi and memory does make it much nicer not to mention the better typing. Plus we still get leaks (for now) and the original one probably won't anymore.
    04-12-10 08:34 AM
    With the Storm1...all you could really do was cure a common cold. With the Storm2 (because of the wifi) you can cure cancer. FACT!

Just spoil yourself if you can.
    04-12-10 08:35 AM
    Don't get it. Wait and get the Storm 3. Don't need you posting later that you just got the S2 and an S3 came out months later.

Besides it could only be better.
    04-12-10 08:38 AM
    Don't get it. Wait and get the Storm 3. Don't need you posting later that you just got the S2 and an S3 came out months later.

Besides it could only be better.
    Wowzers, excellent perspective. Never though of that one. Thanks, will at it to my mental list.

04-12-10 08:48 AM
    Because if you buy one, the US government will prevent a tropical storm from destroying thousands of homes somewhere off the coast of somewhere that matters to you.

If you don't buy one, they'll cause a storm that will destroy thousands of homes somewhere off the coast of somewhere that matters to you. It's some crafty advertising.

No but seriously, the Storm2 is straight up awesome compared to the Storm. My mom messed up an OS upgrade this weekend, so I was tinkering with hers and it felt like a kinder surprise cellphone compared to my 9550. I don't know why, but the 9530 just pales in comparison.

But the guy that said wait is right. The Storm 3 is only like 3/4 of a year away.

But then again, the Storm2 is only as far as your closest retailer.

And jeez, re-reading your first post, you want it! As you should, it's an awesome looking and good device. What if the Storm 3 sucks a*s? (Unlikely, but roll with me) then the Storm2 gets discontinued and you're sitting there like "Damn, I probably should've got the Storm2 that one time I REALLY wanted it. But now I'm stuck with the equivalent of an LG Chocolate. Awesome."

And who wants to get stuck with an LG Chocolate? No one, that's who. Don't take the risk!
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-12-10 at 09:04 AM.
    04-12-10 09:01 AM
    there's a reason they labeled it the Storm 2 and not the Storm 1.3 . . .because it is 2X BETTER than the Storm 1 . . .and I heard that if you do get it your girl would consider a 3some with her hot best friend
    04-12-10 09:14 AM
    No. 10 char.
    04-12-10 09:16 AM
    Isn't the storm 3 that stupid effing slider that makes it look like RIM is saying "we made a slider, its new and exciting, go waste your money on a piece of sh** slider with no physical landscape keyboard"?

Get a storm 2.

04-12-10 09:21 AM
    Isn't the storm 3 that stupid effing slider that makes it look like RIM is saying "we made a slider, its new and exciting, go waste your money on a piece of sh** slider with no physical landscape keyboard"?

Get a storm 2.

No, the Storm 3 is not a slider. Although there are some "wild" rumors out there, a few of the features that consitantly popup are making the device very interesting.
    04-12-10 09:24 AM
    I love the S2 - I'm keeping mine until the Storm4 comes out.
    04-12-10 10:20 AM
    I'd go for the S2. I've had both and the S2 is much better put together and it's current.

04-12-10 10:23 AM
    I have a S2 and my wife has my old S1. I love the S2, but at times I miss the physical buttons of the S1. Other than that everything about the S2 is better.

With that said if it was me I would wait. I'm sure come WES time we will hear something about the S3.
    04-12-10 01:23 PM
    I'm not convinced anyone truly cares which phone you buy. Same as they don't care which phone I buy. Do what floats your boat and be done with it.
    04-12-10 01:25 PM
    With all the new phones coming out, if you dont need a BB there are a couple nice Android phones coming out. Otherwise I do love the Storm 2 myself but the new HTC Evo and iPhone 4 make this thing look out dated "imo". =)
    04-12-10 01:43 PM
    ....I have an S1 and love it. My practical side says that there is no sense in replacing it since it works. Yes the wifi would be nice and the doubling of memory but what I have right now isn't broken. I can upgrade now if I want and the $$$ isn't an issue.

I just want a new storm II. Just to have it. (fianc� is rubbing her latest generation iphone in my face).

Okay guys. Tell me why I shouldn't be so practical and why I should just get it. Threaten to kill a puppy if you have to.

I might kill a puppy..........JK JK
    Naw i suggest getting the S2 Fiance has the S1 and I would rather use the S2 over hers much faster and the screen doesn't feel as rubbery
    04-12-10 03:03 PM

After 15 months with the storm 1 I caved and ordered the storm 2 today. The memory is a biggie for me. My storm has been ok(it had its share of issues and I had it replaced once.) The reason I went for it now is because I don't mind waiting for a storm 4(if that happens) and I definitely don't want a slider! I'm used to typing on the touch now. So I guess I'll update after it arrives on Wednesday Judging from what I read so far I don't think I'll be disappointed. Do you think it will be shipped with .607?
    04-12-10 07:02 PM
    Just some more food for thought. If you wait you will always be waiting I would pick up the Storm2 now. By the time your annual upgrade comes around you can pick up the next model. But if you wait for the Storm3 you might be waiting for a long time.

Me personally, love my Storm2. I can type fast and I can do everything I want to. I am looking to upgrade into an Android, the HTC Incredible to be exact. Why you may ask? I want something a little fresher that's all in regards to the OS.

04-12-10 08:39 PM
    If you don't get a storm2...YOU LET THE TERRORISTS WIN!!

Just kidding...actually if your storm1 is working fine you should stick with it for now. With all the new phones about to drop (Storm3) your gonna want to save your upgrade...they won't be cheap at full retail.
    04-12-10 08:45 PM
    I love my blackberry but I also have a ERIS and by far the android device rocks. Don't get me wrong but its worth taking a look at android before you decide. I am getting the incredibile when it comes out but still keep my pearl flip for a while and if the incredible is no good then I will pick up a storm 2 good luck with your choice.

04-12-10 08:46 PM
    I really liked my S1 and thought that the S2 would not be that much different.. but it really is. The phone construction IMO is just so much better. The S1 seemed a little "cheap" as you could see the light between the screen and buttons.. a gap which also collected dust. After upgrading to 5.0 the S1 required many more battery pulls due to memory issues even with few programs loaded. I really liked my S1.. but the S2 just seems so much more refined, fast and more powerful.

I wouldn't necessarily wait for the S3. When it comes out with I assume 6.0 people will say "wait there are issues" or "wait for the S4". There are always reasons to wait.. but why not enjoy each day with a toy you really like.

I have not regretted getting the S2 even once.. even though I could have saved money by waiting.
    04-12-10 10:24 PM
    I agree. There will always be somebody telling you to wait for this or that, but if you have the means get the Storm2 now. It will make you look like Brad Pitt
    04-12-10 11:19 PM
    you dont have to drive to work you could take the bus

you dont have to eat a nice dinner you can have top ramen every day

you dont have to work a hard to make more money you can just be homeless

you dont have to get the s2 you can just have the s1...

you want it you can get it its better buy it already and yes a kitten will die every day until you post that you bought it

and a puppy

and a midget once a week

dont be a communist upgrade already
    04-13-10 03:24 AM
    OK all you Storm 2 people.... I have to know how you like the bottom keys as part of the keyboard. I just recently had to exchange my Storm 1 due to it totally going on a blink. While at the store I checked out the Storm 2 (I'm not illegible for an upgrade until July). For some reason I just wasn't too sure because of those bottom keys being part of the touch screen. I do like the fact of having more memory and that would be one of my big reasons for me to upgrade. By the way... I do love the Storm !!

Any thought or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    04-15-10 11:10 AM
    there's a reason they labeled it the Storm 2 and not the Storm 1.3 . . .because it is 2X BETTER than the Storm 1 . . .and I heard that if you do get it your girl would consider a 3some with her hot best friend
    For last reason alone you should get 2 of them at full retail price...just to be on the safe side...
    04-15-10 12:04 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD