I was just wondering if Verizon frowns upon this on the Droid. I have mine set up and it's pretty cool. I didn't know if using it every once in a while for a few hours here and there on my MacBook would make Verizon suspicious or something along those lines.

Thanks for the help.
    04-11-10 04:51 PM
    I was just wondering if Verizon frowns upon this on the Droid. I have mine set up and it's pretty cool. I didn't know if using it every once in a while for a few hours here and there on my MacBook would make Verizon suspicious or something along those lines.

Thanks for the help.
    Did you root your phone or did you just download an app? If you rooted your phone (which I hope you did) you can tether to iPads Its awesome.

I don't think Verizon can tell in my case.... Been doing this for 2 weeks without anything been said to me :s
    04-11-10 06:40 PM
    Yeah, I'm rooted, running Bugless Beast and all that jazz. Thanks for the info.
    04-11-10 07:44 PM
    I just started using this today. Wifi from the phone...this thing just gets better and better all the time.
    04-12-10 12:14 PM
    I use it and nobody has said anything to me, but I have noticed you use a boat load of data. Didn't they put a 5 GB cap on the "unlimited" data plan?
    04-12-10 02:27 PM
    I use it and nobody has said anything to me, but I have noticed you use a boat load of data. Didn't they put a 5 GB cap on the "unlimited" data plan?
    Oh No not this question again.....LOL the 5GB is for aircards not phone plans.....
    04-12-10 04:26 PM
    root it and use wireless wifi tether
    04-14-10 09:29 PM
    What's a good program to teather with, for both rooted and non-rooted devices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:21 PM
    What's a good program to teather with, for both rooted and non-rooted devices?

This works great for rooted:
    android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

For non-rooted I have no idea.
    04-15-10 12:30 PM
    started tethering with my N1 today, dont have internet service in new home. Speed is pretty solid using 3g service, only issue is I cant check emails, using pdanet, havent purchased full version
    04-15-10 06:07 PM
    This works great for rooted:
    android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

For non-rooted I have no idea.
    Thanks! I'll give that a try as soon as AT&T get the HTC Desire.

04-16-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD