Hi all.

Since a few months I own an 9700. But lately I'm having an urge to buy an Iphone, cause I think it offers more to personal users. Now I'm looking for things to do on my BB, but I can't seem to think of anything else than the occasional useage of BB Messenger and it's App World. What do you guys like to do on your BB 9700?

Cheers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:47 PM
    I really like my blackberry because of its looks. To me my 9700 is beautiful but not perfect. I occasionally catch myself looking at my phone like "wow this is so beautiful" I barely stated to use BBM but i really like it. Yes blackberry doesnt have that many free and good apps like the other systems but to me im good with my blackberry. I guess my new found love is from upgrading from the 8120->9700. A hug and big difference but i love it.

Hope i helped a little in your decision,
    Raul B
    04-11-10 12:56 PM
    Heh well, I already own a BB! But thanks for your input anyway.

04-11-10 01:04 PM
    I use my BlackBerry for the very reason why I got it, the free wap browsing and push email. I just love the fact that I can download stuff with my BlackBerry for free (my average data usage per month is about 3Gig) as well as using it at work as a mp3 player. I probably would have got myself an iPhone as well, but they are ridiculously expensive in my country - a 2year contract will cost you about 950 ZAR p/m (approx $121) as opposed to the BlackBerry 9700 that's 359 ZAR p/m (approx $46), in the end I'm glad that I couldn't afford the iPhone because I just love my BlackBerry....oh and did I mention it looks hot as well!

04-11-10 01:15 PM
    What exactly is meant with WAP browsing, I only use the regular internet browser.

04-11-10 01:17 PM
    I use my BlackBerry for the very reason why I got it, the free wap browsing and push email. I just love the fact that I can download stuff with my BlackBerry for free (my average data usage per month is about 3Gig) as well as using it at work as a mp3 player. I probably would have got myself an iPhone as well, but they are ridiculously expensive in my country - a 2year contract will cost you about 950 ZAR p/m (approx $121) as opposed to the BlackBerry 9700 that's 359 ZAR p/m (approx $46), in the end I'm glad that I couldn't afford the iPhone because I just love my BlackBerry....oh and did I mention it looks hot as well!

Nice to see a fellow South African on the forums

And how on earth do you get to 3gigs? I'd guess that I probably use about 500mb on mine, thats from youtube, email and browsing.
    04-11-10 01:41 PM
    What exactly is meant with WAP browsing, I only use the regular internet browser.

Wap browsing/internet browser is the same thing - different terminology used in different countries

04-11-10 02:06 PM
    Nice to see a fellow South African on the forums

And how on earth do you get to 3gigs? I'd guess that I probably use about 500mb on mine, thats from youtube, email and browsing.
    Yep we South Africans are everywhere lol. I download a lot of video clips from vuclip, sometimes even full movies and tv programs (downloads from vuclip goes through BIS so we don't pay for it)

04-11-10 02:11 PM
    I use mine mainly as an MP3 player. Had some album art issues to start with but found plenty of info on CB which sorted it.

I like the phone because:

Cost. Compared to its peers I got a better contract and no fee up front for the phone.

Aesthetics. Love the look of the Bold 9700. The mixture of chrome and black plus I like using a tangible keyboard.

Other. Im the only one in my work/social group with a 9700. I-Phones are everywhere and although they are great phones I didn't want to be a sheep (especially with the extra cost.)
    04-11-10 02:19 PM
    i use mine to surf the internet, mp3 player, picture viewer, most importantly a messaging device. Nothing beats a BB for messaging IMO.
    04-11-10 02:30 PM
    Aside from the obvious communication aspects and PIM management I like to:
    Listen to music. MP3 or Slacker its nice not having to look to operate.
    Read ebooks. Kindle is nice but I prefer Mobipocket.
    Watch movies occasionally. The 9700 screen is kinda small for this though.
    Read the news. Can't wait for the BBC app! For now I use viigo and the RIM twitter app.
    Light web. Wikipedia's mobile site works nicely. Google search works well but the BlackBerry browser can choke on some of the links
    Do my homework. Being able to copy/paste from pretty much anywhere is helpful as heck! Keyboard is great for typing out short assignments. Spell check and user editable autotext are must haves. DocsToGo is handy for getting it exported
    Browse the CB forums (had to put it in there)

That's my top seven! The iPhone has better access to movies, a bigger screen, a much better browser and about what, 15 billion apps. But I like the way my BlackBerry operates and I don't have the time for playing around with apps. The only OS that's tempting me right now is Android, and its geeky, linux kernel based cool factor. I'll probably switch to one after I get some more programing knowledge under my belt

04-11-10 02:33 PM
    I love using BBM and the 9700 is just cool looking phone. Thougth about the IPhone for a day but I just am not a fan of touchscreen phones. Besides, there will be a massively different, more powerful IPhone coming out in 2011 so I will enjoy my 9700 for the time being.
    04-11-10 02:58 PM
    Don't buy a iphone keep your 9700!! I use my bb for texting, BBM, as an alarm/calander, use the web a lot, an listen to music. Also take a bunch of pix at over 1000 lol

04-11-10 03:16 PM
    I like to play solitaire while on the toilet...
    04-11-10 03:50 PM
    It all depends what for and how you use your cell. For me the bb is great, as I find extremely ******** to play games on a screen like the iphone, hence why I have a ps3 with a 60" lcd screen for that. And as far as the other apps, personally, nothing that I can not do with the bb or check on my laptop if I have to. And, camera on the 9700 is great, iphone is crap. Costs, iphone is a total rip off if you ask me, and email and all other functions are better on the bb. I mean, the big thing of the os 4 is multitasking. I rest my case.

04-11-10 03:58 PM
    i went from a bb9700 to a nexus one and now back to the bb 9700..other than the games and apps and better web browsing, i got bored with it and went back to the 9700...i check my twitter, facebook, sports scores, surf the web, text, pandora, pics...all the stuff a nexus one can do minus the touchscreen...
    04-11-10 04:40 PM
    Aside from work related stuff, I find my blackberry to be absolutely perfect for twitter. Before I got my BB I was on a windows mobile device, there were no real good twitter apps for it. Found UberTwitter and I can honestly say it made my twitter addiction only worse
    Also use it for browsing, listening music, watching some vids, pretty much the basic stuff.
    I 'play' with the iPhone on a daily basis for work but I'm honestly happy with my BB. Games and apps for the iPhone get boring very fast, at least imho.
    04-11-10 04:48 PM
    I use my bb for texting friends, bbm, and emailing (work related).
    04-11-10 04:57 PM
    heres the thing. as its been said the iphone sells itself for the ap store. i have a 9700 and a jailbroken 16gb 3gs. im on the iphone data plan but i find myself using the 9700 more. battery life a lot better. texting is better. i hate touch screen now. it does everything the iphone can except the app store. just buy an itouch
    04-11-10 05:48 PM
    Everything except multimedia (the BB is crap in this area, the iPhone kills the BB
    with respect to multimedia) and texting.
    I also don't do social networking which to me is even more stupid than texting.
    04-11-10 06:45 PM
    Heh well, I already own a BB! But thanks for your input anyway.

i apologize for not reading everything. I just read it and then post. sorry about that.

Raul b
    04-11-10 07:25 PM
    I use my 97 for internet, texting,mp3 and radio. What I like about the 97 is. You can buy a lot of replacement parts for it. don't care much for touch screen. Droids are stepping up, But ATT really place handcuffs on there.
    04-11-10 07:37 PM
    I must admit, I dont use the browser here at home much, Im usually posting from my laptop. I use it a lot when Im at work, mainly for the email capabilities, which are unparalleled.
    04-11-10 07:42 PM
    i mainly use my phone for BBM, texting, twitter, music and the occasional location lookup. interestingly enough, the "phone" part of my phone is the least used feature. i sold my iphone 3g almost a year ago to come back to a blackberry bold 9000 since it was starting to feel like a toy with all the useless apps i put on it.
    04-11-10 08:36 PM
    I use it for email, fb and twitter. Had to laugh at this link, apparently some find the blackberry makes a great vibrator.
    PleasureBerry TURBO (Full Version) - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    04-11-10 08:37 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD