Multiple apps missing after UPDATE to 5.0.0.591
    I am having the same issues, lost Texas Holdem', Brick breaker, Solitaire, Word Mole, Sudoku, Memo Pad, Tasks, Word to Go, XLS to Go, Slideshow to Go, Video Camera, Voice notes Recorder, Voice Dial, Maps, and Pasword Keeper.

I also have BB Desktop Manager for Mac so this is very difficult to deal with... Verizon store will not put apps back on, as they refused to do software updates or upgrades. The tech rep mentioned something called "BIS" as a potential solution however that system was down yesterday so they weren't able to try it...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by labooha
    so my phone crashed when updating the OS last week. after the store wiped and reinstalled everything, I still did not have some of the apps like all my games (including brickbreaker), notepad, and password keeper. I restored all my info from before the attempted update that crashed from when I had all these apps, and they dont get loaded onto the phone for some reason. I read up on some things and nothing worked. I went to the verizon store today and the guy said he was going to put the phone into factory condition and the apps would be back. That didn't work so I told him and he said to use the restore from when I had the apps and they should appear. I told him that didn't work last time i tried. He said it will work this time and if it doesn't to go into app world and download it (i was mainly there for brickbreaker). I told him its not available in app world. He refused to believe me so I just left. Can anyone please help me on this? I have 5.0 OS and my DM is on a macbook if that helps.
    04-11-10 09:30 AM
    First I would go to the "Applications" button and see if you're missing applications are on the list, if so just check the boxes next to them to put them back on your phone. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the OS by clicking the same button.
    04-11-10 10:04 AM
    I had the same issue with Mac DM. As far as I can figure out the only way to get them back is to use Windows DM and the app loader on there (install the new OS to the Windows box first). I have Windows installed on my Mac via Boot Camp and I did it on there.

Did you go to a real VZW store? I'd go to a real one and demand that they do this--the Mac DM simply lacks the required functionality. Though it may be easier to just go to a friend's house and do it if you don't have Boot Camp.
    04-11-10 05:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my mac DM and Tour!!! I will try and reinstalling on a pc.
    04-12-10 02:27 PM
    First I would go to the "Applications" button and see if you're missing applications are on the list, if so just check the boxes next to them to put them back on your phone. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the OS by clicking the same button.
    Listen to this guy, it will solve your problem. The apps are all there, you just have to tell Mac DM to put them on the phone.
    04-12-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD