Hey all,

I'm a BlackBerry loyalist (in the middle of a long-term AT&T contract, with the BIS service), but I'm really keen on Android phones. I write for a tech site and I cover Android phones all day and some of them are really appealing.

I'm sort of thinking about buying a Nexus One (or some other HTC phone) and just using it on WiFi. Can I do this?

I don't expect to use voice. It's just that my Bold 9000 gets kind of funky when it's on WiFi only. I can't access the App World and most apps can't connect to the internet.

So how's the Nexus One (or other Android HTC phone) on just WiFi?
    04-11-10 12:06 AM
    Hey all,

I'm a BlackBerry loyalist (in the middle of a long-term AT&T contract, with the BIS service), but I'm really keen on Android phones. I write for a tech site and I cover Android phones all day and some of them are really appealing.

I'm sort of thinking about buying a Nexus One (or some other HTC phone) and just using it on WiFi. Can I do this?

I don't expect to use voice. It's just that my Bold 9000 gets kind of funky when it's on WiFi only. I can't access the App World and most apps can't connect to the internet.

So how's the Nexus One (or other Android HTC phone) on just WiFi?
    It does work on WiFi only
    04-11-10 06:24 PM
    It does work on WiFi only
    I concur. I used it for the first day or so w/o a sim. Worked flawlessly.
    04-11-10 09:04 PM
    My BlackBerry acts weird when it's on WiFi-only. Apps don't work right. I was wondering if it was the same on Android devices.

Thanks to those who responded to my questions.
    Last edited by Duvi; 04-12-10 at 07:05 PM. Reason: fixed ya all up
    04-12-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD