I was looking around the internet for 5.0.0.592 for the heck of it and found this.

Please note the 8900 and others are also listed.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...093F22C59C3A08

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1004
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.592
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.57
    * File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe
    * File size: 123.47MB

Here us how i update my OS on my BB and a response to the poster Iha:

is there any place where there are clear easy steps about how to update? I've skimmed through this thread, and read different people's methods, but haven't been able to do it yet.
    1. download the OS .592 from link provided in this post.

2. backup your data and third party apps link here for backing third party apps http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

3. download amd install crackmem latest version 3.4 http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ there is a picture of the program on that page to show you what can be removed and so forth.

Make sure to check off Vendor.xml and hit the execute button or you can manually find it on your PC and delete it Delete the vendor.xml file located in

c:\program files (86)\common files\research in motion\apploader

Or

Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

I usually delete it manually to make sure.

4. Check off the OS in the left side of crackmem

5. Click on Wipe Device, which a box will pop up asking you to BrickMyPhone and type it exactly like that.

6. This process does 2 steps in one, wipes the phone and load the NEW OS.

7. Have a Coffee and Cigarette or what have you for 5-10 minutes as it will take that long to wipe and load up the OS.

This is the most simpest way to do all of this.

Some ppl like using BBSAK instead of crackmem, to each their own.
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-13-10 at 11:41 AM.
    04-10-10 02:56 PM
    I just like to state between the Leaked Version and this Official Version is the size of the leaked version is 148mb, but the official version is 123mb and both are multilanguage.

Maybe leaked version i have sitting on my desktop has more language support, but anyway i am still running OS .411 and may try out this Official .592 soon or maybe i will let some guinea pigs do so first..
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-10-10 at 03:39 PM.
    04-10-10 03:05 PM
    Honestly I've wipped and reinstalled soo many os's for my bold i dunno the leak was released like not even two weeks ago....Eh Emm needless to say i'm wiping for a fresh install in a bit
    04-10-10 03:17 PM
    I am actually doing it right now this min to try out this Official Released Version.
    04-10-10 03:39 PM
    Well so far just installed it without any issues. No apps installed yet and its at 46mb free.

I just do a complete wipe no apps installed at first to test it out a little before i put my backed up data and also 3rd party apps back on.
    04-10-10 03:54 PM
    I just like to state between the Leaked Version and this Official Version is the size of the leaked version is 148mb, but the official version is 123mb and both are multilanguage.

Maybe leaked version i have sitting on my desktop has more language support, but anyway i am still running OS .411 and may try out this Official .592 soon or maybe i will let some guinea pigs do so first..
    Judging from the filename, the official is MultiLang and the leak is AllLang.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 04:24 PM
    This OS fixed all my .509 problems (bluetooth bug, SMS lockup, choppy calls) and is just as stable, if not more so. The crazy scrolling issues from .554 is not in this build either. Only problem is Shazam does not work (EDIT: Now working as of 4/22 version 2.5.2).

As usual, this should be identical to the leaked version (aside from languages) - if you want to read the findings here is the leak thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...-592-a-446061/

I ran it without reboot for a week and was at 24MB free before needing to reboot to install Google Maps.

27 hours later and I'm stable at at 31MB free.

My installed apps:

BerryBuzz
    Hulkster's 10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section theme
    FileScout
    FlashOn
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Shazam (not working)
    CaptureIt
    AIM
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BB App World
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-24-10 at 04:52 PM.
    04-10-10 06:06 PM
    loaded this OS this after noon and so far no problems, runs very fast, love the threaded sms...
    04-10-10 06:39 PM
    Well so far no issues from when i started this thread and loaded the OS up.

I have recently loaded all my apps.... lots of apps by the way back on the phone and restored all my data, calender and texts and phone numbers ... you get the idea.

Was at 45.6mb before restoring and then at 33.5mb after restoring and after using some apps and so forth a little bit its at 32.3mb now as i type this message.

I browsed a little and find that websites are faster loading then .411, but not a whole lot faster..... loads most within 1-3 seconds instead of 2-5 seconds. I am running on 3G service.

I don't have a bad thing to say about the OS as of yet just like all previous OS'es i have ever ran.

No phone is the same, but i find many people don't do a PROPER WIPE of their phone before loading a NEW OS, do so as i have always stated i do and never have had any issues with any OS as of yet for my functions and programs and so forth.
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-10-10 at 07:00 PM.
    04-10-10 06:58 PM
    Faster...no bugs so far. Bootup time quickkkk.... Keeping my fingers crossed bout battery life

04-10-10 07:07 PM
    Just uploaded new OS from Azercell. I didn't see a vendor.xml file with the upload, and i was wondering if that means anything. By the way, where is Azercell located ?
    04-10-10 07:18 PM
    04-10-10 08:17 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was kind of leaning towards one of the Russian republics. Anything on that "vendor.xml" file? Haven't downloaded it yet. I'll wait for some reply, hopefully soon.
    04-10-10 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was kind of leaning towards one of the Russian republics. Anything on that "vendor.xml" file? Haven't downloaded it yet. I'll wait for some reply, hopefully soon.
    There is definately a vendor file as i deleted it as usually.

Its usually located in C:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader

Now if your running windows Vista or windows 7 it will be in C:/program files (x86)/common files/research in motion/apploader

I run windows 7.
    04-10-10 10:53 PM
    I just upgraded my Bold from .509 (WIND Hellas) and I'm having a ton of problems. I've lost all of the default pictures except for one, and all of my ringtones are saying "invalid ring tone selection..." I did a clean wipe via BBSAK when upgrading, as well as a couple of battery pulls. The only good thing I see so far is the amazingly fast boot-up time. Hopefully I can get everything back to working order soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-10-10 10:59 PM
    Ok the only thing i dislike about any recent 5.0 OS'es is that standy mode feature is not available when pushing the A button or the mute key button.

I liked the fact that when i pushed the A button my phone would lock.

Lock as i have a password on my phone so when in standby mode you need to unlock the phone before using it again and for safety i loved pushing the A button fast when i have used the phone and walked into a store and so forth.

Now the only options i have is the password time limit which i have set to 15 min, so when 15 min goes by the phone will lock.

The other option i have is using Quick Launch application which has an option to Lock Phone and sure that works too, but its 2 steps to do, but in 2 secs i can lock it that way.

Is there any work around we can say intergrate the original feature back into this OS and any future ones as RIM is clearly stating it is removed and most likely for good.
    04-10-10 11:01 PM
    I just upgraded my Bold from .509 (WIND Hellas) and I'm having a ton of problems. I've lost all of the default pictures except for one, and all of my ringtones are saying "invalid ring tone selection..." I did a clean wipe via BBSAK when upgrading, as well as a couple of battery pulls. The only good thing I see so far is the amazingly fast boot-up time. Hopefully I can get everything back to working order soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I always use crackmem v3.4 so far i used it on many OS upgrades.

I had one time that ringtone issue and i pulled the battery for about 5 min. Then put it back in and all was fine.

If that does not work for you, i suggest wiping the phone again with crackmem v3.4 or newer.

As for the default pitcures if your meaning the sample ones i have none as crackmem has a option to delete them or not install them....

I think BBSAK has that option too. I used BBSAK before but i just don't like it is all cause many ppl having issues with upgrading and so forth using it and yes i never did have an issue with BBSAK, but i like crackmem 3.4 better cause it is simple to use and no needing to us the BB DM load the OS.
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-10-10 at 11:13 PM.
    04-10-10 11:07 PM
    Steps i use for wiping and loading any OS.

Use crackmem v3.4 or newer to wipe the phone and install the OS.

Basically it is easy to use this program.

Number one step BACK UP your APPS and DATA.. before ever doing install of a NEW OS.

Check the OS off to on the left of the screen .592 make sure you use the Official one, even betas can be used, but there is the official one out now.

Check off delete vendor file and whatever else you don't want added anymore.

Hit execute selection to execute not adding that junk stuff listed unless you want msn and so forth don't check em off.

Then hit WIPE and a box comes up telling you about typing BrickMyPhone and you need to type it like that cap letters where the cap letters are.

Then sit back awhile and it will WIPE and LOAD the OS all in one STEP, takes maybe 5 min to do.
    04-10-10 11:24 PM
    Think I will wait on some responses before battery life before upgrading. I hope choppy calls are fixed tho
    Battery life seems all good for me i am at 82% and it was at 90% like 4hrs ago... i hardly used phone though in this time.

I can state though talk time is still around the rated 4.5hrs or little better on 3G service then my previous OS which was .411. This means the battery is still doing what it is rated to do.

I don't know how battery life is for texting and emailing as i don't do much of that stuff as i am not a text junky or emailer.

My battery is just over a year old along with the phone and its the the Original battery. I have had this phone since March 2009 and the Trackball is the Orginal One too..... i love my BB.
    04-10-10 11:29 PM
    is anyone having problems with app world and custom themes for 5.0 os? app world is saying that for every app i am trying to download, that it is not available to be download at the moment. and the themes and detect folders or icons properly (display)
    04-11-10 12:58 AM
    Everything seems pretty good so far. Still have to restore my contacts and a couple of apps.

I am having problems with app world as well. I am sure an update will fix that.

04-11-10 02:09 AM
    Hello, I have a question. Is there anyway to backup my data without using Dm? If I connect to DM the IT policy is re-enabled on my phone. I'd like to wipe before upgrading but I can't back up and restore my data unless I skip the wipe and upgrade through app loader.

04-11-10 02:09 AM
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/374618005/9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azercell.exe
    04-11-10 07:17 AM
    The one thing Azerbaijan is NOT is Russian! They may be in the same part of the world, but their affinity seems to be more to Turkey and the west
    04-11-10 07:25 AM
    Hey guys, I really hope someone can help me. My device has been ridiculously slow these past few months, the phone isn't even holding a days worth of messages now, and I only have 5 apps installed. I bit the bullet, and nuked the phone using CrackMem and proceeded to install this newest OS. It barely took 10 minutes, and now when the phone starts up it just hangs on the loading screen, the bar shoots up to about 2/3rds (the one under the BB Logo) and just stops. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I diddn't remove anything apart from the vendor.xml

Thanks

edit: oh the bar just moved! Patience is a virtue!
    04-11-10 07:27 AM
330 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD