So, my Yahoo Mail icon decided to go missing (again) after I did a battery pull. Normally, I can resend service books once or twice and it'll pop back up. This time, however, no such luck. I've resent services books (around 20 times or more). I've deleted service books all together and then resent them. I've deleted the email all together and readded it. I've tried with another Yahoo address. Nothing is able to bring back my beloved icon. Does anyone else have any ideas as to how to bring it back? I really hate the mail icon with the little globe and I'm pretty sure I'd do whatever it takes to get my Yahoo icon back. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Arysa; 04-10-10 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Correct spelling error in title.
    04-10-10 02:47 AM
    It shows up for some people, but it never showed up for me.
    04-10-10 02:50 AM
    Until tonight, I had no problems getting it to show up. I guess my blackberry just wants to frustrate me tonight.
    04-10-10 02:52 AM
    Sending Service books is the only way that i know how to get the Icons back.. Both Aol and Yahoo go missing after a battery pull of a reset.. It is a very frustrating thing that i was hoping an update would fix.. I am still waiting on that.. I tend to send my service books.. i then leave the Box up, that says your service books are sent, until i see my LED blinking.. It seems to me that if i exit out of the email set up to soon(before the email reaches my inbox) the Icon will not pop up.. Hope this little trick of mine works for you.
    04-10-10 03:50 AM
    The same thing happened to my blackberry Tour when I recently upgraded to the OS 5.0.0.591. No matter what I do I can't get my yahoo icon to come back.
    04-21-10 08:41 PM
    This is a problem with all the latest OSs available. I don't get the icons even when sending my service books 100 times. It's annoying, but the only way to get it back is by installing an OS that shows the icons, like .411, or OS 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 02:36 PM
    Before upgrading to .508, I only had to send my service books to get my icon back. I downgraded back to .459 because I like the keypad lock too much and ever since, no Yahoo icon for me. I've pretty much given up on it and deal with that evil little email icon, though every once in a while I'll get hopeful and resend my service books...

I know it's just me being picky, but I wish they'd fix this.
    04-23-10 12:27 AM
    Don't know if this will help but on my tour I'm running the latest official OS 5.0 from sprint and the yahoo email icon would show up sometimes after a battery pull and other times it wouldn't. I went into the email settings in the setup folder and clicked on my yahoo account and under login information for my yahoo account the password bar was blank. I put in my password and saved then went and resent the service books and the yahoo email icon appeared. Did the same thing for my friends tour and it worked as well. Hope this helps

04-24-10 10:23 AM
    Don't know if this will help but on my tour I'm running the latest official OS 5.0 from sprint and the yahoo email icon would show up sometimes after a battery pull and other times it wouldn't. I went into the email settings in the setup folder and clicked on my yahoo account and under login information for my yahoo account the password bar was blank. I put in my password and saved then went and resent the service books and the yahoo email icon appeared. Did the same thing for my friends tour and it worked as well. Hope this helps

Wow, this worked, THANK YOU!!!! I have Verizon.
    Last edited by not_addicted77; 05-15-10 at 09:22 AM.
    05-13-10 11:14 AM

Man, is didn't work for me. I even deleted and re-added the account and nothing. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it gets fixed in other OS updates.

05-13-10 11:20 AM

You! You are amazing. I didn't think it would work, but it did. Thank you so much!
    05-15-10 12:54 AM
    Let just cut to the chase on this one. Call Sprint, have then patch you through to the RIM people, and have them send you a replacement. I went through this with T-Mobile last year (ref. 8220) and after countless service books and batt pulls, the final solution was to simple get it replaced.
    05-16-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD