Wow, that's less then a year from rollout to death, and me sitting on a 2 year contract. Any BB historians out there? Has any other BB had such a short life span?
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Tour. I think its odd that they would sell the storm and the storm2 side by side, but try to pretend the Tour never happened. Oh, and the link:

http://www.berryscoop.com/2010/04/verizon-blackberry-tour-9630-goes-end-of-life-in-june-and-htc-droid-eris-goes-end-of-life-in-may/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_camp aign=Feed%3A+Berryscoop+%28BerryScoop.com+%7C+Blac kBerry+and+Tech+News%29

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 05:40 PM
    I read the article in the store on monday under the tour it had while supplies last. I also have a tour seems like a decent device

04-09-10 06:17 PM
    Good point about the Storm/Storm 2, but I think the Storm is also on its way out, especially with the Blackberry "Slider" coming in (though we don't know if it'll be on Verizon).

I have a BB Tour 9630 on VZW and I haven't had any problems with it after I turned in my first one for the trackball issue. OS 5.0 has made it so much smoother and faster, I'm happy and sticking with it for now.

Towards the second half of this year, I may check out Android though depending on what RIM announces at WES.
    04-09-10 07:19 PM
    I've said all along... the Tour is the ******* child of RIM. Lol I'm gonna hold on to the track ball in boycott of the touch pads

04-09-10 07:21 PM
    Pearl flip did not last a year either!
    04-09-10 07:35 PM
    Hmm, thats poopy! (for lack of the appropriate word lol) If I wasnt poor, I would have waited for the Bold/Tour2 9650. Since I am poor, I had to wait til I could get the Tour for free lol
    04-09-10 07:44 PM
    I can't believe that a new device will now replace the tour sooo soon. I feel that RIM these days is more interested in pumping out new devices in short amounts of time. But I get it seeing that is a two way street. I guess they will continue doing it seeing that there will always me many who would jump on the bandwagon on wanting to have the newest and latest device out there regardless of the fact that it is, at best, marginally better than the device it is meant to replace. Heck I am guilty of doing it myself when the 9700 rolled around. Yet they OS software that comes with each device is not even marginally better than the previous version. I mean personally I would been just fine and dandy with a two or three year old device as long as it has the latest software running. That ability to have the newest OS out that breaths new life into a device and makes it feel like new. If RIM put in as much effort into its OS (software) development as it does devices, we would have probably been rocking OS 7+ with a use experience that rivals its top competitors. I hate to say it and thought would never would but I think it might be time to move on from RIM, depending on what they announce at WES this year. Sorry for the rant.
    04-09-10 08:26 PM
    the question i have is lets say after the EOL of the Tour. How long will it be before when someone comes in with a problem with their Tour they start offering you a deal on possibly the new Bold?
    04-09-10 08:57 PM
    The problem is that the tour should have never been named the tour. It should have been the bold from the start. I mean there isn't 3 different curves. To me I really don't care. A phone name is just a name.

04-09-10 09:01 PM
    the question i have is lets say after the EOL of the Tour. How long will it be before when someone comes in with a problem with their Tour they start offering you a deal on possibly the new Bold?
    That is my question also! Will we still be able to receive replacement Tour phones if something were to go wrong, and the phone is still under manufacturer warrant?
    04-09-10 09:38 PM
    Eh ill just wait and hope there is a better device by bb that will catch my eye when my 2 yrs are up. Tell then I'm stuck lovin the tour.

04-09-10 09:51 PM
    This seems odd to me, the Tour was released last July, I bought mine in Oct. after most of the bugs were ironed out. Well it looks like the timing will be about the same on the 9650+/- a few weeks, guess I will have to see how many bugs this new "Bold" has and go from there. I myself haven't had one problem with my Tour, bought it Oct 3 and been flawless. The wife says she wants my Tour if I get the new 9650, so we'll see what happens..lol. Not ready to go back to a "glamour" phone, aka touch screen, look at all my bells and whistles type thing. The only thing that would even interest me at all would be Sprints new 4G phone coming this summer, and that would have to be awesome for me to even think about getting it.
    04-09-10 11:42 PM
    I can see them pulling the Tour just for the sole reason of it looking ridiculous selling the 9630 and 9650 right next to each other considering how similar they are. The trackpad is the only cosmetic difference and your average consumer would never find out what the internal differences are. Plus, it would look even more ridiculous having the 9650 under the Bold brand, but the 9630 still as the Tour. At least with the Storm, they promoted it as a second generation device. They are NOT doing that with the 9630/9650 and therefore cannot sell them together.
    04-10-10 12:02 AM
    yeah I can't believe the tour only lasted 11 months compared to the pearl 8130, 8830 and the 8730e that were out for over 100 yrs (exaggerating I know), Well let's see if the new bold will be any different and if it will have the browser click issue.
    04-10-10 01:22 AM
    Pearl flip did not last a year either!
    I was wondering how long the flip lasted!
    The Flip was either a stillbirth, or died shortly after due to lack of interest. The Tour is a popular phone that's being assassinated due to better technology being available. Its also happening with the 8900 over on the GSM side of things I believe.

Last edited by skyboxer; 04-10-10 at 04:27 AM.
    04-10-10 04:21 AM
    Who cares in reality the only differences are wifi and the track pad.
    The phone size processor and memmory will be the same. the thing
    even looks the same i think from the photographs you can even use the
    same cases. the charging port is still on the wrong side and i like the ball.
    To me it the original BB. But here the bottom line in order for me
    to want to change the phone, sometthing major would have to happen
    like 4G. The rest of it ,subtle changes, is a ploy to make money.

When att changed the bold 90% of my friends who bought it and kept their old ones.
    They preferers it because its bigger keyboard is more friendly
    so the new one is in the drawer.

Who Cares the new one just not that important Im waiting for 4g !

um shante
    namaste
    04-10-10 07:38 AM
    Who cares in reality the only differences are wifi and the track pad.
    The phone size processor and memmory will be the same. the thing
    even looks the same i think from the photographs you can even use the
    same cases. the charging port is still on the wrong side and i like the ball.
    To me it the original BB. But here the bottom line in order for me
    to want to change the phone, sometthing major would have to happen
    like 4G. The rest of it ,subtle changes, is a ploy to make money.

When att changed the bold 90% of my friends who bought it and kept their old ones.
    They preferers it because its bigger keyboard is more friendly
    so the new one is in the drawer.

Who Cares the new one just not that important Im waiting for 4g !

um shante
    namaste
    we dont know the internal specs yet. those have not come out yet. The memory did change though. They added 2gb onboard memory now. The charging port is also moved up 3mm higher then the current Tour a long with the headphone jack so some cases wont work being that the charging port is moved up slightly higher with the headphone port.
    04-10-10 07:46 AM
    Just upgraded from a Storm1 to a Tour a week ago. This news doesn't bother me. Best BB I've owned and does everything I want. Went from a Curve ball to Storm touch and now back to Tour ball. The pad doesn't do anything for me and I don't have a need for wifi.
    04-10-10 10:11 AM
    Talk about a Limited Edition Tour! Sitting back and thinking about it, I was so pumped to get my hands on a 9630! I really like the phone, even with all the issues others report. I'm only on my second since last July.

I will say that it does leave a bad taste in my mouth though. Future expectations will NEVER be high again for "that next new Blackberry".

I may just change my user name to BlkBryAvgFan. No ranting here, just telling you how I feel right now.

04-10-10 10:27 AM
    Makes me feel like my phone sucks and that's why it's being discontinued all ready. Oh well, it works for what I need.
    04-10-10 11:05 AM
    Here's the thing...I would feel bad about it being discontinued only if the 9650 was even worth the upgrade. Because it isn't, I don't care at all. I can't wait to see all the early 9650 adopters whine and complain when they hear news of the next BlackBerry coming to Verizon fairly soon. It's bound to happen...
    04-10-10 11:41 AM
    I am shocked at how many flip out about the end of the Tour. I have experienced some issues with mine, but I bet most of them were caused by me without knowing it. RIM and Verizon are going to keep bringing new phones out as it suits them. Each will have cool new features and a whole host of new problems for everyone to complain about. Honestly, I am hoping for a Berry Slider and could even give the Droid or the iPhone a serious look at my next Verizon upgrade. We'll see what RIM has going then. Until then, I plan to enjoy my Tour!
    04-10-10 12:42 PM
    GADZOOKS! EOL already?

The only thing that i dont like is, once its time is up, how many updates do you think will come along for our Tours?

BLKBRYADDICT you're right. It is limited edition. Soon to be antiquated paperweights with no new updates, and 3rd party apps just bypassing us by.

Im not a person who thinks im owed something, but I do hope that VZW recognizes we're sitting on phones that will potentially have no updates, and older 3rd party apps and gives us a break on the NE2 by offering it early. Not that Im owed it, but as far as phones go, this is the kiss of death for anyone hoping for the latest and greatest in OS upgrades.

God, I don't wanna end up with .591 as the last update!! YIKES!!! lol
    04-10-10 12:46 PM
    That was my thought too! .591 as the last official update!? i'm on my second Tour since July. i'm hoping this one last another year and a half, until i can upgrade to the new Bold for free.

04-10-10 12:55 PM
    RIM lost a customer due to the horrible trackball and the ****-poor support for the Tour. I'm going Droid in July.
    04-10-10 02:21 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD