We're happy to bring you StormSlider 5.5.0. This is a public beta, meaning anyone with a storm 1 or storm 2 can download it free of charge. This is a 7 day beta version.

We would like you to try out the new version and let us know what you think. Let us know ways to improve it, fix it or if everything is running fine. We would like to know if it's draining your battery etc etc. Without your feedback we wont know what's going on.

The beta testers have all tried the new version and love it. We just have to make sure the customers are happy too before we release the update.

OTA Link

New / Updated Features:
    - Much improved battery life
    - Consumes less memory
    - Portrait Lock
    - BerryWeather Intergration
    - BBM, Email, SMS / MMS & Facebook Notifications
    - Backup / Restore / Default Options to SD card
    - Better options menu

Those are just a few features on the new version of SS. So please feel free to download the app and test it out for us =).
    04-09-10 01:12 PM
    Nice thanks. Glad about it working with Berryweather. When do you plan to release it?
    04-09-10 01:21 PM
    I know it is still in beta but I would suggest the option to not show owner information. I did not see the option on this version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 01:36 PM
    Nice thanks. Glad about it working with Berryweather. When do you plan to release it?
    Thanks =) I plan to release it next week sometime if all goes well.

I know it is still in beta but I would suggest the option to not show owner information. I did not see the option on this version.

Okay I can add that option again. I just figured if the user had owner info setup then they would want it to show. I can make it an option to show / not show though.
    04-09-10 01:50 PM
    If you could make it lock the screen (un clickabe) as a complete lock replacement, your app would be unstoppable!
    04-09-10 01:53 PM
    If you could make it lock the screen (un clickabe) as a complete lock replacement, your app would be unstoppable!
    If you use the lock button on top of the phone, the screen is completely unclickable instantly, and it automatically activates SS. So the app is now "unstoppable."

DMG, I love SS now. Mine only suggestion would be to add the option that after ten unsuccessful password entries, it performs a security wipe of the phone like the native password lock app. That way I would finally feel comfortable getting rid of the native password and relying on SS completely.

Also will this still be a free upgrade to current SS/BS owners?

Of course I've only been using it for a few minutes, but so far it is definitely the best iteration of SS to date.

Initial Pros:
    1. Works with top lock button (HUGE Pro)!
    2. BerryWeather intergration. Gives consumers more choices. I am a fan of DMG's apps, but I personally prefer BW over his SimpleWeather, though SW is a great app.
    3. I like the portrait lock. Eases some of the lag sometimes experienced with switching between views.
    4. Speaking of lag: so far none to be found. Slider is. smooth and responsive, and activates/deactivates quickly.
    5. Best of all, it's a DMG program so the customer support will be top notch.

I've not had it running long enough to find any cons, but will post later if there are any problems. I would still request the ability to initiate a security wipe with the password app, like the native app does.

Thanks again, DMG!

04-09-10 02:08 PM
    Nice im going to try this right away. It's been a while since an update for SS. Once released is the upgrade going to be free for people who already have SS or will there be an upgrade charge?
    04-09-10 02:11 PM
    If you use the lock button on top of the phone, the screen is completely unclickable instantly, and it automatically activates SS. So the app is now "unstoppable."
    Yes but the phone is gonna lock with ss installed or not. Whats the point if you have to hit the lock button to unlock the phone and then use ss after that to unlock it again? I love the app but got tired of the 2 step process to unlock with a pretty screen.

I am not at all knocking the app. Its great and i have purchased twice. Imo that is just what would make it perfect for ME!
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 04-09-10 at 02:15 PM.
    04-09-10 02:13 PM
    Gonna give this a try. Always loved SS so hopefully this is good
    04-09-10 02:15 PM
    Just downloaded and all I can say is WOW! Great job on the new beta. So far absolutely zero cons for me. I will report after a day or so of use to check battery use. Loving the new one!
    04-09-10 02:26 PM
    Looks sweet. I haven't used this since the initial 5.0 release, but so far I've found 2 issues.

Using the lock button, if you unlock right after the screen goes black (within 2 seconds) every second time it just unlocks without enabling SS.

I don't use StopTilt or anything, but I'm not getting a landscape lockscreen. Which hey, I'm fine with. I like it that way personally but just thought I'd point it out.

Other then that, great job on the BW and message alert integration. You've again outdone yourself, dmg.

EDIT: If need be I'll take a video of what I mean, re-reading this it might not make sense.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-09-10 at 02:36 PM.
    04-09-10 02:27 PM
    I had to give up this app after the 5.0 update because I couldn't get it to work at all. Loaded the beta and still have nothing (still running OS .320). Set all permissions to allow but it didn't help. Any ideas?
    04-09-10 02:30 PM
    No weather integration with the beta?

edit: Can't seen the get the background the work. Its all selected and saved in the options screen but when SS launches, it uses the default screen
    Last edited by andino; 04-09-10 at 02:42 PM.
    04-09-10 02:39 PM
    Make this themable. Why would I want an iPhone like screen to show up on my Storm?
    04-09-10 02:39 PM
    hey dmg can I get that wallpaper the second one..
    04-09-10 02:41 PM
    Yes but the phone is gonna lock with ss installed or not. Whats the point if you have to hit the lock button to unlock the phone and then use ss after that to unlock it again? I love the app but got tired of the 2 step process to unlock with a pretty screen.

I am not at all knocking the app. Its great and i have purchased twice. Imo that is just what would make it perfect for ME!
    I get what you're saying now, you want it to lock the screen when it activates automatically (like after the screen dims).

GlitchZero, the portrait lock is not a bug, its. New feature. There is no landscape lock theme now.

To whoever posted about weather integration: its now integrated with BerryWeather and automatically adds BerryWeather to the lock screen. Works perfectly on mine, though you have to have BW already installed on your device for it to work.

DMG, that brings up another suggestion: you could make the program integrated with either SW or BW, so users have a choice of which weather app they want to use.

Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 04-09-10 at 02:53 PM.
    04-09-10 02:50 PM
    My owner info does not show. No big deal at all. I also try the default background after reboot. I did the whole backup thing and we will see what happens next time.
    04-09-10 02:51 PM
    the best part abt this new beta is an almost instant response from SS in opening up, as compared to a second or 2 previously.... just feels slicker... secondly, i love the ONLY PORTRAIT feature.... its something i've been waiting for and had requested dmg abt a while ago.... thx for listening

a couple of negative points, which will be modified hopefully.... can't disable weather integration.... i normally use the berryweather homescreen wallpaper as my SS wallpaper too, so i can see the weather in any case.... plus i dont like the way apps and themes put that weather icon in some corner of the screen.... just looks out of place.... secondly, the SLIDE TO UNLOCK text or whatever custom text i use, disappears the moment i start sliding the button or whatever it is.... i dont think it worked this way before...

overall though, looking great and slick like i said
    04-09-10 02:55 PM
    Thanks for the heads up on the Landscape thing. I thought I saw it in the features, I must be more tired than I thought.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-22-10 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Mod Edit
    04-09-10 02:58 PM
    To whoever posted about weather integration: its now integrated with BerryWeather and automatically adds BerryWeather to the lock screen. Works perfectly on mine, though you have to have BW already installed on your device for it to work.

DMG, that brings up another suggestion: you could make the program integrated with either SW or BW, so users have a choice of which weather app they want to use.

Ahh that's what I was going to ask for since I don't use BW and only have SW. I should have been more specific with my previous post haha
    04-09-10 03:05 PM
    I get what you're saying now, you want it to lock the screen when it activates automatically (like after the screen dims).
    Exactly! Keep up the good work dmg
    04-09-10 03:06 PM
    Don't like the portrait lock. I love my landscape screen with the charging icon when its docked. Hope it will be just an option to lock and not forced to. As always keep it up D!! Great dev you are sir!

04-09-10 03:09 PM
    i have previously purchased this app twice, once for my storm 1 and once for my storm 2. Do i have to purchase this again or is it going to be considered a free upgrade?
    04-09-10 03:15 PM
    beware guys this app blows its taken him over 6 months to fix this and still cant get it right save your moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    04-09-10 03:15 PM
    beware guys this app blows its taken him over 6 months to fix this and still cant get it right save your moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    humper....... No need for that post. Move on and stfu.

04-09-10 03:19 PM
319 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD