So, guys, my Bold 9700 will be arriving Monday, and yes, I'm super excited lol. I've been using this horrible 9530 for a few weeks, but before that it was a Curve 8900.

I used the upgrade discount that my primary line was entitled to, and got the phone for free =) on Walmart.com so I got a great deal. But there's a few things I really need to know, and would like some opinions on.

1. It comes with a leather swivel holster, right? I've gotten varying answers on this.

2. I'm sure I'll get used to and come to love the trackpad, but however, my wife is addicted to playing BrickBreaker on my 8900. Is it really that much harder to do on the 9700? I know the phone is a business device and not an arcade, but you don't have to live with her lol.

3. I'm gonna be starting a job working outside in a auto junkyard all day. Bad place to work for someone who is um, (can I say anal?) about their phone. I've seen these innocases and otterboxes, but does anyone have a specific recommendation?

Thanks to everyone in advance, and I can't wait for my phone to arrive!!!
    Last edited by IrocD; 04-13-10 at 08:47 AM.
    04-09-10 10:10 AM
    I'm currently using a tour and have an otterbox commuter with my swivel holster that came with the phone, its a nice fit in the holster and the otterbox gives it that extra protection if anything happens to it. Plus its not as bulky as the full out defender series.
    04-09-10 10:36 AM
    1. Mine came with the leather swivel holster and it sits in the box because I have no use for it.

2. I don't see that much of a difference playing once I got used to the speed of the trackpad.

3. Prolly an otterbox cuz it encompasses the entire phone or you could just leave it in the office or your vehicle for the day until you leave said area but what fun is that lol
    04-09-10 10:41 AM
    I'm currently using a tour and have an otterbox commuter with my swivel holster that came with the phone, its a nice fit in the holster and the otterbox gives it that extra protection if anything happens to it. Plus its not as bulky as the full out defender series.
    The phone fits in the original swivel holster with that otterbox commuter on it? Wow! Anyway, that looks cool, but I may need to go with the full defender series as my hands are gonna be dirty as ****, and I can't stand my phone getting grimy, and I also don't want to take blueyestm's suggestion and leave it in my car. I also don't want to have to deal with swapping between 2 devices. Can't I have my cake and eat it too? lol
    04-09-10 10:57 AM
    1. it comes with a swivel holster
    2. not quite as easy, but def playable
    3. Otterbox for rough outside work-max protection
    04-09-10 10:59 PM
    I use the OEM swivel holster. I move around a lot and use my phone frequently...still pretty sturdy after 3 months. I also went from an 8900-9530-9700. You will be glad you did. Its my 7th Blackberry, and by far my favorite. I did also put a Zagg Invisashield on the entire phone. Worth every penny of the $35. Very quick phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 11:11 PM
    Both of my 9700's came with the leather holsters...
    Brickbreaker is pretty easy to play on the 9700

Like people are saying ^^^ otterbox gives MAX protection...

You will LOVE your new phone, I've owned every gsm berry and this hands down the best device ever :-) enjoy

04-10-10 08:37 AM
    Brickbreaker is less easy to play on the 9700. The trackball WINS in this use-case. For everything else, including EPIC battery life, the 9700 is amazing
    04-10-10 11:00 AM
    I got mine yesterday and I bought a hard case for it. So far, The phone is great. I love the track pad. I put goggle map on it and the the flashlight program. I came from a moto Q9h and still need to get use how small the 97 is.
    04-10-10 02:44 PM
    All I can say is WOW. This is hands down, the nicest mobile device I've used, ever. I swear I think the 3G is faster than my cable internet! Lol... Well, I find out tomorrow if I got the parts-puller job. If I did, I'll have to add an innocase to the list of work boots and carhartts, cuz there's no way I'm gettin a smudge on this baby! Bad enough I'll have to leave my wedding band and Citizen watch at home, so I'll need to use it to tell time. I saw this innocase that even has a keyboard that goes over this one. The trackpad is obviously exposed tho, and I wouldn't want to get that greasy. Anyone have any experience with this particular case?

04-12-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD