Tried searching for this issue and found a thread that helped a bit.

My geotagging (which I've enabled) is not working. The icon at the bottom right of the screen while taking a pic stays red.

I tried going into status under options and typing "test" and ran a GPS test, it takes anywhere from 20s to 1min to complete successfully. But afterwards I'm still not able to have that geotagging icon turn green while taking a picture.

Anybody else have similar issues or know how to fix it?

My location on google maps seems to work fine btw.

running .545 on my bold 9700

thanks!
    04-08-10 10:31 PM
    hmm...ur problem sound just like mine. people tell me to go outside and take a pic but it still don't work. Not sure if it is a software issue or what?

I am running .423 on mine and my gf is on .330 still no worky?

anyone else having the issue?
    04-12-10 02:32 PM
    VERY rarely do I ever get a the camera app to lock in on a GPS fix. It takes a while, even outside. Every OS I have tried has been the same.

Google maps locks in within seconds.

So basically the same issue here.

With my Bold 9000, I got a fix within 3 seconds.
    04-12-10 02:42 PM
    same here....my 8900 locks faster
    04-12-10 03:46 PM
    Anyone ever make any progress with this issue? My 8900 and 9700 both lock just fine even with no SIM- but my 9780 only works if I have a cell signal or wi-fi, so frustrating as it is a feature I used a lot on camping trips.
    O
    11-06-11 02:34 PM
    The ones using older OS 5 versions should update to the latest OS 5 or 6. the 9780 user, try updating to a newer release of OS 6. I haven't had any issues with geotagging at all. It just works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 10:16 PM
    Hello and thanks- I am on very latest OS and tried TMO latest before that- currently I am on v6.0.0.668
    Also tried getting help at these 2 posts as well for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...signal-667678/

and:

9780 no GPS without cell signal?? - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

The ones using older OS 5 versions should update to the latest OS 5 or 6. the 9780 user, try updating to a newer release of OS 6. I haven't had any issues with geotagging at all. It just works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD