Hi, i found out that the top left hand corner of my screen is slightly lower (not the brightness, the screen elevation) when i look at it from the side of the blackberry , should i be concerend? it works fine though, clicks good, brightness is same as the rest of the screen.
    04-08-10 03:25 PM
    does not effect anything functionality wise.
    04-08-10 03:33 PM
    Hi, i found out that the top left hand corner of my screen is slightly lower (not the brightness, the screen elevation) when i look at it from the side of the blackberry , should i be concerend? it works fine though, clicks good, brightness is same as the rest of the screen.
    No. Most of us have that issue. Some don't, reportedly. I have not seen one Storm in person without this problem. I have it on my Storm. It doesn't affect performance and it is "normal".
    04-08-10 03:39 PM
    Mine has this problem, and it is a replacement with the 'new' screen that i got about a week ago. Its my top left corner that is lower, but also, but bottom right corner is higher than the rest, and it has some click problems every once in a while. It just doesn't wanna click sometimes; mostly when im trying to disconnect from a phone call.

i dunno, i can deal with it for now i guess.
    04-08-10 03:42 PM
    this was one of the reasons for the replacement screens I believe. Mine is like it too but doesn't have any issues.
    04-08-10 05:36 PM
    There are a couple of threads addressing this issue already...I had this problem, sent it in for a new S2 with the screen corrected and leveled out and this S2 is perfect as far as clickability and so forth...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 06:06 PM
    There are a couple of threads addressing this issue already...I had this problem, sent it in for a new S2 with the screen corrected and leveled out and this S2 is perfect as far as clickability and so forth...

So does this mean that my replacement Storm2 isn't one with the new screen?? the Manufacturing date, is March 12, 2010??
    04-08-10 07:11 PM
    They didn't send out the right one, the ones manufactured march '10 suppose to have the screen corrected. I would ask for another one, mine was manufactured march '10 and the twch told me it would be the newer screen.

04-08-10 08:52 PM
    my manufacturing date is october 31st 2009, and i bought it from ebay, so no replacements, but as far as functionality and clicking, it doesnt effect it at all
    04-09-10 09:04 AM
    Its just a badge of honor we all have or do wear at one time or another hehehe......

04-09-10 09:14 AM
    Just to clarify, it's not the screen thats lower it's the top plastic bezel that's higher.

The screen is glass, it would be impossible for 1 of 4 corners to be higher (glass doesn't bend like that).
    04-09-10 09:44 AM
    The screen itself was the main issue that people were having with it being uneven, RIM did a recall and restructured the screens to be even all the way around...it had more to do with the support system beneath the glass....

Just to clarify, it's not the screen thats lower it's the top plastic bezel that's higher.

The screen is glass, it would be impossible for 1 of 4 corners to be higher (glass doesn't bend like that).
    04-09-10 11:46 AM
    The screen itself was the main issue that people were having with it being uneven, RIM did a recall and restructured the screens to be even all the way around...it had more to do with the support system beneath the glass....
    I the screen fixes that RIM released was to take care of responsiveness issues (screen not responding when touched), not to level it out...

Try taking a pane of glass and bending one corner without affecting the other 3 and it not breaking.

It's an illusion based on the top bezel not being even. Take a good look at it and you'll notice one side isn't as flush as the other. Plus if you push on the raised side of the plastic (corner that makes the screen seem lower) you can actually temporarily level everything out.
    04-09-10 12:39 PM
    I the screen fixes that RIM released was to take care of responsiveness issues (screen not responding when touched), not to level it out...

Try taking a pane of glass and bending one corner without affecting the other 3 and it not breaking.

It's an illusion based on the top bezel not being even. Take a good look at it and you'll notice one side isn't as flush as the other. Plus if you push on the raised side of the plastic (corner that makes the screen seem lower) you can actually temporarily level everything out.
    My bezel doesn't look any higher on either side, but you're right. Glass doesn't bend, and if it was tilted, the bottom right corner would be raised, so it's not the support system below the glass (which actually isn't under the glass, it's under the LCD).
    04-09-10 12:56 PM
    only 1 thing matters

does it click and work fine?

answer: yes...then keep it there is no problem
    answer: no....then call VZW CS and get a replacement
    04-09-10 01:03 PM
    Very well Put

only 1 thing matters

04-09-10 01:45 PM
    only 1 thing matters

Agreed on that!
    04-09-10 02:06 PM
    Gotta agree with howarmat on this one. Minor cosmetic issues (and I do mean MINOR) are not something to get hung up over. Heck, take a look at your car, even a brand new car. Are all the seams around the trunk, hood and doors, perfectly even? If not, are you going to return the car?

If the phone works well, you have good clicking without sticking, then be happy and move on.

only 1 thing matters

04-09-10 02:13 PM
    Heck, take a look at your car, even a brand new car. Are all the seams around the trunk, hood and doors, perfectly even? If not, are you going to return the car?
    H*ll yes! Do you know how long it took me to find a perfectly symmetrical car AND house?!

...Just kidding. >_>
    04-09-10 02:33 PM
    i'm glad mine doesn't do that.
    it'd bug the sh*t out of me.
    04-09-10 07:16 PM
    Ha....how true. I can't remember the last time I saw a perfectly plumb house. NOTHING lines up! I once taught a class on construction to a group and we arrived at a house under construction by one of the largest home builders in the US. We were there about five minutes when a crew arrived. Five guys piled out of one truck, walked over to another truck and began hauling in these 9' long x 1" wide strips of cardboard. HUNDREDS of them. I was puzzled..had no clue what the heck was going on and neither did any of my guys. We stood there and watched in silence for a minute and then spotted one guy walk over to a wall (in the framing stage), hold a level across the width of about 10 or 12 2x4's, then picked up a cardboard strip and began stapling it to the stud. I was clueless so I asked (through a translator) what the heck he was doing. Turns out this is a full time crew, SHIMMING the walls so the sheetrock lays flat! I was speechless, LOL. There were gaps as much as 1/4" from one stud to the next.

H*ll yes! Do you know how long it took me to find a perfectly symmetrical car AND house?!

...Just kidding. >_>
    04-09-10 11:51 PM
    o_O How do you notice something like that? I never noticed till I read this and checked xD
    04-10-10 07:52 AM
    o_O How do you notice something like that? I never noticed till I read this and checked xD
    some are more noticeable than others. I saw a demo at the verizon store that was way off.
    04-10-10 07:55 AM
    You should also take into account that no two cell phones are the same. Each one is assembled and each person is different. And eacb piece even though produced to be the same aren't the same. That's why some are faulty, usually caught by quality control. Even though we know that some get past it

Regardless. It's a storm. Does it click well? Does dust get in there in the first day or so? Good call quality? Then it's fine

04-10-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD