I saw on the News last night, that Apple was releasing a "NEW" operating system....and 4th gen Iphone later this year..... and Iphone to a "NEW" carrier..... Does anybody think this will make RIM "step it up" faster with a "NEW" OS, web kit, "slider", or anything else new they have... that has not leaked yet?...

Just wondering...
    04-07-10 07:51 AM
    Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

Until you see it, don't plan on it.

-6.0 is in the works, but 5.0 isn't mastered yet
    -RIM just released new SDK's to developers which does include Flash support
    -the slider (9700a) is rumored to hit before Christmas of this year

and the iphone needs a faster processor on it. w/ up to, what, 36 gigs of room, and 1.3 gazillion applications it needs that speed to find everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 04-07-10 at 08:18 AM.
    04-07-10 08:12 AM
    I don't think that anything Apple does will change the pace of RIM. They are much more concerned with the data security that the corporate world depends on than they are with the teenage consumer market that drives the iphone. I'm not saying RIM isn't interested in growing more into that consumer market, but that's just icing to them. Their business comes from grown-ups in the business world and that business is not going to change because of something that Apple does.

I don't mean this to sound insulting, but if what you want is a multi media toy with 100,000 apps that also functions as a phone, you should just go buy an iphone. There's nothing wrong with having one. Hoping that RIM develops one is going to leave you unsatisfied. It's like wondering when KIA is going to make a car that can tow the same weight and carry the same volume of stuff as a diesel truck. They are two different vehicles that will never be the same. Why try comparing them?
    Last edited by grey; 04-07-10 at 10:27 AM.
    04-07-10 09:34 AM
    Here we go again. Let's just get the facts out of the way before the flaming goes on:

Apple: Releasing OS 4 for their touchscreen devices is the biggest thing for them, plus the potential of the iPhone coming to CDMA.
    RIM: Cool new slider coming out and a webkit browser will be awesome. Also their marketshare won't go anywhere because of the core business market and the appeal to young'ens for the messaging for texting. (There was an article about teens/twenty year olds buying BBs just to text.)

Now you may flame away and be a fanboy.
    04-07-10 10:03 AM
    RISM-Research in Slow Motion
    04-07-10 10:05 AM
    This is whats funny.......... I LOVE my BOLD........ would never have a IPHONE... I have a 32gb touch... for games and apps...... My main question was I have heard alot lately about RIm coming out with new "STUFF"..... and anybody who loves thier "BB" always wants atleast 1 part of it a little better....... I would really like an upgraded Browser.....
    I just wanted opinions on if anybody thought apple releasing new stuff.... would speed up RIM's process...... (its all a game.....and they ALL wanna be #1).......
    Thanks for the input though.....
    04-07-10 10:40 AM
    The "slider" now that's ugly lol! I think rim should have to separate OS builds 1 for corporate phones and a more main stream eye candy one for the storm series now that is a win win situation you will keep your regular customers that like this simple OS and tap into the cash! By targeting teens
    04-07-10 12:02 PM
    CubanoGT - tu eres cubano, no? Donde estas?
    04-07-10 12:09 PM
    The new iPhone specs are relatively impressive from what I have heard. However, I don't think that's a reason for RIM to do anything crazy. They just need to keep working on their OS and keep it useful for business users. That has and always will come first for RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 01:39 PM
    I don't think that anything Apple does will change the pace of RIM. They are much more concerned with the data security that the corporate world depends on than they are with the teenage consumer market that drives the iphone. I'm not saying RIM isn't interested in growing more into that consumer market, but that's just icing to them. Their business comes from grown-ups in the business world and that business is not going to change because of something that Apple does.

I don't mean this to sound insulting, but if what you want is a multi media toy with 100,000 apps that also functions as a phone, you should just go buy an iphone. There's nothing wrong with having one. Hoping that RIM develops one is going to leave you unsatisfied. It's like wondering when KIA is going to make a car that can tow the same weight and carry the same volume of stuff as a diesel truck. They are two different vehicles that will never be the same. Why try comparing them?
    No, of course you didn't mean for that to sound insulting. hahahaha.

Thats like me aiming a shopping cart at your car, giving it a push, then saying "I don't mean to damage your car."
    04-07-10 02:53 PM
    No, of course you didn't mean for that to sound insulting. hahahaha.

Thats like me aiming a shopping cart at your car, giving it a push, then saying "I don't mean to damage your car."
    Great come back.
    04-07-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD