for some reason app loader and dm doesn't see either os. I wiped my phone completely. I uninstalled .591 and even desktop manager. Reinstalled it along with both .484 and .419. I get the message "the blackberry desktop software does not have the blackberry device software". I deleted the vendor file each time and still nothing. Any idea what I might be doing wrong. I want to get .591 off my phone now and get back to a better running os.
    04-06-10 06:21 PM
    Did you try using apploader on its own? Try pulling your battery out..pulling up apploader..connecting phone to computer..when led turns red replace battery..when apploader shows pin: UNKNOWN click next and follow the steps

Make sure you do a complete backup before hand of your device with DM and your apps with bbsak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 06:28 PM
    yup tried that. that's where I get that message that says it doesn't have the software.
    04-06-10 06:30 PM
    That's strange, and you only have one OS installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 06:34 PM
    yea tried .419 first because I was going to put the hybrid on there. That didn't work so I tried .484 after and same thing. Doesn't show up on dm or apploader.
    04-06-10 06:39 PM
    You have to erase vendor.xml file located somewhere in the folder tree where you found the loader application on the pc. Search and make sure that are no other copies. Also, disconnect from the internet and try again.
    04-06-10 07:07 PM
    got it finally. there was a second vendor file in a completely different folder. what a waste of 4 hours for one file...

thanks for the help
    04-06-10 09:49 PM
    got it finally. there was a second vendor file in a completely different folder. what a waste of 4 hours for one file...

thanks for the help
    Where was the second vendor file? I know the usual one is in C:\Programfiles\common files\ Research In Motion\Apploader.

I am curious to find out if there actually are two, because I have a similar problem.
    04-06-10 10:41 PM
    for me it was under C:\user\"username"\appdata\local\virtualstore\prog ram files\common files\research in motion\apploader

you may have to show hidden files to find it
    04-07-10 12:15 AM
    on windows 7 I have found as many as 3 vendor.xml files.
    04-07-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD