I'm not sure why, but some of my text messages show up in my BlackBerry Messenger application. Most of them don't; most have the standard chat icon and are only listed under SMS & MMS. However, the ones in question have a phone icon next to them instead of the chat bubble and show up both in SMS & MMS and my BBM chats.

Anyone know what is going on here? Why these text messages are "special"?
    04-06-10 09:09 AM
    SMS will show up in BBM when they are from a contact who you connected the PIN to their phone number. Then it shows up with the same sound as BBM but then on the left hand side it shows the little grey mobile phone instead of a blue BBM bubble. If this bothers you, go into your contacts and delete the PIN from the name. (I haven't tried this but I don't think it will delete it from your phone, just from that contact)
    04-06-10 09:13 AM
    They are a contact in your phone you also have a PIN for and in your BBM. Another way besides ^^ is in BBM highlight them do blackberry key --> remove contacts link
    Last edited by cdowner; 04-06-10 at 09:53 AM.
    04-06-10 09:50 AM
    i tried to remove the contact link via the bbm screen, but couldnt find it! i did find it by goin under contacts and highlighting the person, bbm button and unlinking the contact!
    04-22-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD