So I upgraded to .607 today via OTA and when I try to change my ringtone it says invalid ringtone make another selection. The crazy thing is it does it even when I select a ringtone that came on the device. It does it with all of them. Even when I hit try at the bottom it says the same thing and when I get a call it rings the generic old style ring. Has anybody had this issue or anyone know how to fix it?
    04-06-10 12:51 AM
    tried a battery pull yet?
    04-06-10 12:55 AM
    Ok that was even crazier...So I went to my ringtones from the media folder and tried to play them and it said media system busy or something like that. So I went to my music and played a song for a couple seconds and that fixed it somehow. So if anybody else runs into that problem there ya go.
    Ps...607 is horrible on my battery. I had a full charge and an hour later after not even using the phone at all it went down to 82%. No wifi or GPS connected and only smrtguard on top of the core apps running in background. I think I'm going to downgrade.
    04-06-10 01:00 AM
    Yea I did two battery pulls....that's when I knew somethin was up. I've never heard of this happening before
    04-06-10 01:01 AM
    glad it's fixed (sounds like a weird fix, but that's how these phones act sometimes. sigh)
    04-06-10 01:16 AM
    Mine did that within 15 minutes of getting my phone the day they came out. I was introduced to the BB fix - aka "battery pull". It fixed that problem then, and continues to fix problems since. Just wish the reboot time wasn't so slow! Glad you got it going.
    04-06-10 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD