I was surprised to see that this hadn't been done already. This was by far my favorite comic and I thought we all could use a good laugh reminiscing about the kid we all wished we could be (at least I did).

It works on both 4.7 and 5.0 OS and I have also added a version for you 9700 Bold users.

Theme has hidden today, all icons are customizable with the 7th being for the weather app of your choice and the spacebar is also a shortcut for either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe.

I have added customized icons for Messages (dancing Calvin & Hobbes) and SMS/MMS (Calvin funny face). Both also have different images when in focus.

Screen Shots

Focus Icons for Messages & SMS/MMS

OTA LINKS
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

OTA LINKS - WEATHER APP TEXT
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

If you enjoy this theme, please consider a donation:

Be sure to check out my Blackblerry Theme Blog for all my themes
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 04-13-10 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added OTA links for version with weather app text
    04-05-10 11:12 PM
    Great theme - awesome icons, etc.

One small tweak? The phone number is too far left & the first digit gets cut off. Running 5.0.591 on my 9630.

I'm not griping - I'll run it as my fun weekend theme even with this one little glitch.

Thanks for making it... and making it free.
    04-06-10 01:23 PM
    Great theme - awesome icons, etc.

One small tweak? The phone number is too far left & the first digit gets cut off. Running 5.0.591 on my 9630.

I'm not griping - I'll run it as my fun weekend theme even with this one little glitch.

Thanks for making it... and making it free.
    No problem. I'll fix and update later tonight or tomorrow. I tried the 5.0.0.591 on my Verizon Tour as well and hated it. Battery life and memory drain were terrible and the browser click issue drove me nuts! I went back to 4.7.1.61. Hope it is working OK for you.

Thanks for the feedback.
    04-06-10 01:46 PM
    Nice theme--I love the icons!!!
    04-06-10 02:12 PM
    No problem. I'll fix and update later tonight or tomorrow. I tried the 5.0.0.591 on my Verizon Tour as well and hated it. Battery life and memory drain were terrible and the browser click issue drove me nuts! I went back to 4.7.1.61. Hope it is working OK for you.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks for the tweak to it.

Yeah - had a previous unofficial version of 5.0 that was awesome, stable, great battery. Stupid me went with the official version. Resending the service books helped with the battery life for some reason, but it still is substandard.

I'm sure Verizon is working on getting an update to us promptly. (insert eye roll and side-splitting guffaws here).

I look forward to the update. Thanks again.
    04-06-10 06:09 PM
    Hopefully the number cut off issue is fixed. Shifted everything to the right on both call screens. Let me know if more is needed.
    04-06-10 07:55 PM
    I first wanted to thank jcarley for this awesome C&H theme. I always loved reading the comic strip in the newspaper as I was growing up.

And second, AbeFrohman, I just wanted to say that is an awesome username. That movie is one of my all-time favorites.
    04-06-10 11:43 PM
    Awesome idea... like you, Calvin and Hobbs was my favorite comic as well, and I've been looking around for one for a while... this is by far the best one I've seen!

love the comic looking text and special icons!
    04-08-10 01:42 PM
    Thanks jcarley. I love C & H.
    04-09-10 12:51 PM
    Many thanks... I love this
    04-09-10 09:45 PM
    I love this theme; it's fun and my granddaughter likes it, too. One small thing, however, which you might be able to address. It's regarding the weather slot: is there some way to turn the text on for WeatherBug and BeWeather Free which will allow us to see hi/lows to the left of the icon?

When using WeatherBug, it's so convenient to see the temps even when the focus is not on the icon. Thanks in advance for the fix.
    04-12-10 08:16 PM
    I will make version with weather text showing all the time. Will post update with OTA links when complete.

Thanks for the interest!
    04-13-10 10:20 AM
    OTA links are up for weather text version. Set to be always on. Let me know if there are any issues.

Enjoy!!
    04-13-10 09:06 PM
    It's looking good with either of my weather apps; thanks for your work. BTW, I really like your avatar.
    04-14-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD