Title explains it all.....after mulitple battry pulls my lock button only locks the device untill I hit the unlock button. The screen to enter the password doesn't show up.....it just says " screen is locked press power button to unlock"..........I need my device to have a password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 10:12 PM
    The lock button is only lock. You need to use the lock icon on the screen I actually prefer it this way. Gives ya both options.

04-05-10 10:14 PM
    The lock button is only lock. You need to use the lock icon on the screen I actually prefer it this way. Gives ya both options.

Mine locks and needs password to unlock it when I hit the lock button or the lock icon. Is there a way to change it?

04-05-10 10:26 PM
    Mine locks and needs password to unlock it when I hit the lock button or the lock icon. Is there a way to change it?
    What OS are you running?

04-05-10 10:28 PM
    Oh my bad. I didn't update yet lol

04-05-10 10:40 PM
    Oh my bad. I didn't update yet lol
    Well... Enjoy

04-05-10 10:43 PM
    Under "Options" "Password" you can change the "Security Timeout" all the way down to 1 minute if you like - this will lock the screen and require a password after one minute of inactivity, just in case you forget to use the icon lock or leave your phone unattended. You can also set it to lock the phone automatically when it's placed in a holder with a magnet too.

HTH
    04-05-10 11:14 PM

well thank you sir, idk that!!!! With that i just added it to quicklauch
    04-05-10 11:15 PM

Sorry, Where i can get lock icon on the screen? I have to install apllication?
    04-06-10 12:49 AM
    Sorry, Where i can get lock icon on the screen? I have to install apllication?
    Should be on your homescreen. Maybe in your setup folder.

04-06-10 08:23 AM
    i have no lock icon
    04-06-10 08:57 AM
    It's usually on the home screen in the full pallet of apps. (hitting the menu button).
    04-06-10 08:57 AM
    just upgraded to .607 and I hate the fact that I can't hit the lock button on top to password protect. I hate hitting my BB button and then having to hit password lock. Is there anyway to change it back to password lock by hitting the lock button on top of the phone?
    04-06-10 08:59 AM
    just upgraded to .607 and I hate the fact that I can't hit the lock button on top to password protect. I hate hitting my BB button and then having to hit password lock. Is there anyway to change it back to password lock by hitting the lock button on top of the phone?
    Under "Options" "Password" you can change the "Security Timeout" all the way down to 1 minute if you like - this will lock the screen and require a password after one minute of inactivity, just in case you forget to use the icon lock or leave your phone unattended. You can also set it to lock the phone automatically when it's placed in a holder with a magnet too.

HTH

04-06-10 09:12 AM
    Thats the thing, I don't want to have to have a security timeout in order to lock my phone, I don't use a holster and don't want to have the touch sensative screen turning on apps or calling people when in my pocket.
    04-06-10 09:44 AM
    I assigned "Password Lock" to one of the side convenience keys (Options -> Screen/Keyboard). That provides an easy way to password lock the phone now that the lock button no longer invokes the password.
    04-06-10 11:12 AM
    Also, there's the option of getting a 3rd party locking app (I prefer Ultimate Lock) and having it set to lock immediately when the screen dims - this means when you hit the lock button on the top of the phone the app activates, and will require password input if that is set. I've never used the native locking app on my S2 :P

04-06-10 11:39 AM
    ...calling people when in my pocket.
    You've never pocket dialed anyone

*Edit: Didn't see you were on an S1, so I take it back
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 04-06-10 at 07:58 PM.
    04-06-10 11:48 AM
    Or you can consider PatternLock, which can be assigned to your lock key
    04-06-10 11:56 AM
    On .517 and now .607 I have the native lock set to kick in after an hour of inactivity and I have also set one of the convenience keys to activate it immediately if I need to.

I also use pattern lock to lock certain applications (notepad, address book, etc) and have PL time out and lock after 15 mins when not in the office or home (you can use the GPS and assign locations where PL won't auto kick-in)

I like having an option to just swipe a pattern to unlock.
    04-06-10 12:04 PM
    Thats the thing, I don't want to have to have a security timeout in order to lock my phone, I don't use a holster and don't want to have the touch sensative screen turning on apps or calling people when in my pocket.
    Then stick it in your pocket whatever. The password timeout will kick in after the appropriate interval. As long as you don't hit the unlock button on top before that, should be good to go.
    04-06-10 12:34 PM
    This is STUPID!! The lock button won't really LOCK the phone where a password is needed? How can this be? RIM, the phone company MOST known for their security features, DISABLED a security feature? Didn't make it a setting that can be toggled on or off?

I'm sorry, but HOLSTERing and ONE MINUTE security timeouts is unacceptable. So is having to give up one of my convenience keys or having to use the specific password lock icon.

I just got off the phone with RIM, and the guy said he didn't know if this was a RIM-disabled feature, or whether VZW did it.

If this is a FEATURE, and not a bug, how do I downgrade?
    04-06-10 12:44 PM
    I assigned "Password Lock" to one of the side convenience keys (Options -> Screen/Keyboard). That provides an easy way to password lock the phone now that the lock button no longer invokes the password.

Thats probably what I am going to have to do. I have a problem with friends and coworkers going thru phones, facebook and email bombing each other and at times, texting exs and currents with bad ****. I also had a problem with my last phone (storm) in my pocket, hitting the lock key by accident and then having the phone start dialing random people. My phone does get left on my desk also, and I need a quick way to lock it when not in use and when I walk away.
    04-06-10 02:02 PM
    I actually prefer it this new way (noticed in .517 first). Here's my use scenario: password protected, 10 minute timeout. I can now hit the lock key, and put phone in my pocket so it doesn't randomly open apps, and if I check my phone again with in 10 min, I don't have to type password again. It was actually quite tedious to constantly type a password when all I really needed where the buttons to lock.

If I know the phone will be unattended, selecting the "password lock" option isn't really much of a hassle.

Those on BES with security timeout should be happy to somewhat limit the amount of password typing required.
    04-06-10 03:33 PM
    I use a holster and until I upgraded the OS to Verizon version .607, it would lock when I put it into the holster. Now it doesnt do that. And now I dont have the lock icon either.
    04-06-10 03:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD