I have gmail on my 9700 and everytime I send a email it doesnt show up as a sent emal. It doesnt show nothing. I could only see my recieved emails. Stumped. Can anybody help?

Also, I noticed Im not recieving emails immediatley on my 9700. It takes atleast five minutes or more after the email has been sent to actually get it on my 9700. Is this normal?

I just noticed it took about twenty minutes after an email was sent to recieve it on my 9700????
    04-05-10 01:49 PM
    I have gmail on my 9700 and everytime I send a email it doesnt show up as a sent emal. It doesnt show nothing. I could only see my recieved emails. Stumped. Can anybody help?

Also, I noticed Im not recieving emails immediatley on my 9700. It takes atleast five minutes or more after the email has been sent to actually get it on my 9700. Is this normal?

I just noticed it took about twenty minutes after an email was sent to recieve it on my 9700????
    when you send an email you don't see a check mark by it!?!?!?!

and the length of the "send" can vary due to several middle men... your carrier, RIM, the other persons "sending method", time of day.... 5 mins is a bit but it can vary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 02:22 PM
    when you send an email you don't see a check mark by it!?!?!?!
    I can't even see the message. There is nothing there as if I never sent anything. They do get it on the other end tho.

04-05-10 02:29 PM
    Make sure your settings are right with your sent email issue.
    Messages> BB Button> Options> General Options> Hide Sent Messages, set to No.
    04-05-10 02:30 PM
    Make sure your settings are right with your sent email issue.
    Messages> BB Button> Options> General Options> Hide Sent Messages, set to No.
    I checked that and it was set to No. I also have a hotmail account on my 9700 and that one works perfect. I send a email and it shows as a sent email. Gmail is a different story, nothing comes up.
    04-05-10 02:47 PM
    I would try deleting it, then re-adding it then.
    04-05-10 02:51 PM
    I would try deleting it, then re-adding it then.
    Ok. I tried this and it is still the same. Cant see outgoing messages on my device. ??????
    04-05-10 04:31 PM
    Anybody?? This is really bugging me.
    04-05-10 05:56 PM
    I use gmail application rather than adding my gmail acct email to my blackberry. Much easier to handle imo.

04-05-10 06:07 PM
    Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
    04-05-10 08:41 PM
    Same here - no "sent" mails from gmail. You can see them, however, if you filter "All mail". Kinda ******** - esp. since the plug-in is supposed to be 'enhanced'...and can't even show sent mail?
    04-06-10 01:22 AM
    Same here - no "sent" mails from gmail. You can see them, however, if you filter "All mail". Kinda ******** - esp. since the plug-in is supposed to be 'enhanced'...and can't even show sent mail?
    So Im not the only one. Well thats a relief. I thought I was going crazy. I wounder if all gmail users have the same issue. Please post if you have the same issue. Thanks for the reply vespesian.
    04-06-10 01:27 AM
    So Im not the only one. Well thats a relief. I thought I was going crazy. I wounder if all gmail users have the same issue. Please post if you have the same issue. Thanks for the reply vespesian.
    I actually looked this up in the official knowledgebase. Our phones are deliberately filtering 'sentk gmail messages - apparently Gmail doesn't have a true sent mail folder, since all messages are organized as convos which sit in the inbox. So - what was happening was that any mail sent from a berry was arriving as 'new' mail right back at that berry. Which is why the 'sents' are getting filtered. It also said the development team is 'aware' of this. Well - duh...

04-06-10 02:01 AM
    I actually looked this up in the official knowledgebase. Our phones are deliberately filtering 'sentk gmail messages - apparently Gmail doesn't have a true sent mail folder, since all messages are organized as convos which sit in the inbox. So - what was happening was that any mail sent from a berry was arriving as 'new' mail right back at that berry. Which is why the 'sents' are getting filtered. It also said the development team is 'aware' of this. Well - duh...

Great find vespesian . Thanks for the help.
    04-06-10 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD