Since VZW released build .591, all I've read about is how awful this build is, and how many people are having memory leaks, and battery life issues, and that it's bricking their device... I want to know who hasn't had any problems. I loaded .591 on my device and it's been working flawlessly. I've experienced the browser click issue twice since I've had it loaded, not an issue.
    I loaded .591 on my GF's Tour, and she hasn't had any issues either. You would think if this OS was so horrible, everyone would be having problems. Maybe we should look towards potential operator error, or corrupt files, something has to be the cause of all of this.

I like .591, anyone else?
    04-05-10 11:42 AM
    I like it as well, only issue is the click on websites but its nothing to ***** about it still works
    04-05-10 11:53 AM
    well i did like the official verizon release but i got fed up with mem leak issues and the main thing, the constant having to hit the trackball over and over again to go to a weblink in the browser. so i downgraded to sprint's latest version (.484 i think) and i love it more than .591
    04-05-10 11:56 AM
    I love the new os, runs much better for me. I also have the browser click issues but it is nothing to worry over considering I am able to click the link less than a second later. So I give it two thumbs up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 12:03 PM
    well i did like the official verizon release but i got fed up with mem leak issues and the main thing, the constant having to hit the trackball over and over again to go to a weblink in the browser. so i downgraded to sprint's latest version (.484 i think) and i love it more than .591
    See, and this is the kind of thing I was talking about, I don't understand why some folks are having memory leak issues, and others aren't!
    Did you install via OTA, or did you install using DM?
    04-05-10 12:04 PM
    I did an upgrade from v4 to the current Verizon build using DM. It's been flawless for me. Other than the usual tweaking of themes and configuration, I've seen no problems at all. I don't see a memory leak (if there is one, it's relatively small).

It's really interesting to see the variety of experiences here.
    04-05-10 12:09 PM
    i DL'd the new .591 on my verizon tour and so far i don't think ive had any major problems. the "browser click" issue will pop up every now n then but i just have to click one or two more times and it'll work. if i notice any more problems i will post em up but so far so good
    04-05-10 12:15 PM
    I upgraded and now I no longer have the keypad lock icon that was so fast to use. Now I have to enter my password every freaking time!!! I lock and unlock my phone a lot. How can I fix this. Verizon says they don't have the older version for me to reinstall instead of using this new crappy one.

HELP!!
    04-05-10 12:16 PM
    My phone bricked 2 days after upgrading with the official VZW. Another user also also had his phone brick a couple days after as well.

I have a replacement Tour on the way, but now that my phone bricked once (unbricked by downgrading to 4.7), I can't even upgrade to 5.0 even with a complete wipe using BBSAK.
    04-05-10 12:20 PM
    The top lock key doesn't password lock your phone, but it will security time out after like 5 or 10 minutes and password lock itself, there is a key lock icon on 5.0 yours may just be hidden?

04-05-10 12:21 PM
    Mine is working fine NOW. Had a browser error and my email config got a lil jacked up but other than that it's working like a charm :-) You would think that for as long as VZdub had us waiting that it would be next to flawless...but we know that's not happening. LOL & actually, my battery life seems way longer than before.

But no probs at the moment. Lovin the threaded SMS ;-) I was using Empower's Threaded SMS app before and that was pretty good as well.
    04-05-10 12:24 PM
    Went from a Storm to the Tour Saturday. Went to DM to transfer my contacts from Outlook and was prompted to upgrade .591. Did the upgrade and no problems that I know of so far.
    04-05-10 12:36 PM
    Only issue for me is browser click, however, I use Opera Mini 5 and Bolt so i actually have no issues at all.
    04-05-10 12:44 PM
    i have a pretty big memory leaked. i haven't added any apps so i'm assuming it's the OS.

i also have the browser click issue which isn't a big deal to me.

i got a bricked Tech Issue error two days after i updated my original Tour though. That was a bid deal but turned out fine.

So far my replacement Tour which came new from VZW and shipped with 5.0.0.591 is on day 4 with no bricking. If it continues i will be satisfied with this OS.

04-05-10 12:45 PM

So far my replacement Tour which came new from VZW and shipped with 5.0.0.591 is on day 4 with no bricking. If it continues i will be satisfied with this OS.

My replacement Tour should be here tomorrow and I think it's supposed to come pre-loaded with .591. Once I have confidence with the phone not bricking (I didn't have any real complaints with the few days I was running the offical VZW .591), I'm going to give the Motorola DROID a try for a few weeks and if end up switching, I'll give the Tour to the wife.
    04-05-10 12:52 PM
    i have a pretty big memory leaked. i haven't added any apps so i'm assuming it's the OS.

i also have the browser click issue which isn't a big deal to me.

i got a bricked Tech Issue error two days after i updated my original Tour though. That was a bid deal but turned out fine.

Totally forgot about the browser click issue but all I do is zoom in and it clicks fine but still....you shouldn't have to do THAT. It's like it doesn't recognize that it's a hyperlink unless it larger *shrug*
    04-05-10 01:16 PM
    I downnloaded .591 via DM. No probelms so far & everything is working flawlessly.
    04-05-10 01:43 PM
    I had issues with the 5.0 and downgraded. I am not going to try it again. I will wait for a while before even thinking about it.
    04-05-10 02:01 PM
    I had issues with the 5.0 and downgraded. I am not going to try it again. I will wait for a while before even thinking about it.
    I'm curious if like me, you're no longer able to go to 5.0 after it's been bricked once? For this reason alone, I'm glad I have a replacement Tour on the way. Had I not tried and didn't already have a replacement on the way, I probably would've kept my current Tour only to potentially be stuck/limited to the 4.7.

I attempted to re-install the official VZW 5.0 twice after unbricking by downgrading to 4.7. First through DM again, and second by doing a "wipe" using BBSAK. Both times led to the same brick message of "internal issue. take phone to place of purchase" or whatever the message is.
    04-05-10 02:08 PM
    I just assumed that by having issues, it was bricked. Maybe I jumped the gone on that one.
    04-05-10 02:09 PM
    The only issue I have with 5.0 is the severely bad battery life. I have to charge at work and at home if I don't want it to die
    04-05-10 02:21 PM
    Just a few minor issues with mine. The browser click, which doesn't bother me since I'm already use to using the enter button. And when I hang up calls my phone plays whatever my last MMS message was. It did that today at work and it wouldn't stop, so I had to do a battery pull. It's the strangest bug.

Other than that, .591 has been awesome. I haven't noticed any difference with battery life or memory.
    04-05-10 02:28 PM
    I haven't had any issues with the official update either. I do miss the lock button feature but I use keyboard locker and it will automatically lock after 2 min. other then that battery life isn't an issue for me since I have the Seidio 2600 battery. The best investment you can buy for your blackberry.
    04-05-10 02:37 PM
    See, and this is the kind of thing I was talking about, I don't understand why some folks are having memory leak issues, and others aren't!
    Did you install via OTA, or did you install using DM?
    I used the DM...don't get me wrong but i liked it just grew tired really quick on the clicking issues more than the memory drain
    04-05-10 02:59 PM
    All good over here
    04-05-10 03:39 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD