whenever i press "End Button", the phone clicks several times, feels like a vibration.
    and then, when i text, the screen feels sometimes too soft, and too stiff...
    another problem is, my phone does not ring when there is an incoming call.
    i had to reboot it time to time, but occasionally i dont hear any sound, even alarm clock.
    have u had this problem?
    this is my 3rd replacement units, and they all had same problems.
    04-05-10 09:47 AM
    If they have all had the same list of problems, the bad news is...it's most likely your fault. Probably some app (or combination of apps) or theme that you're trying to run that is not playing well with the phone. You could check this by reinstalling your OS and NOT allowing it to restore any data or 3rd party apps, then re-sync your contacts and calendar from Outlook (or where ever they are stored on your PC) and use the phone for a few days. If it all works well, start adding apps/themes back one at a time to find the culprit.

If you don't want to mess with that, you may have to accept the fact that sometimes, a certain phone is just not a good match for some people. Get something else.
    04-05-10 10:02 AM
    thanks for the info, but unfortunately, no apps are installed...
    this problem ocurred right after receiving the replacement unit, and i haven't restored the contacts yet...
    04-05-10 10:10 AM
    I have not had those issues with mine. It would suspect also that the phone just just not agree with you. Perhaps for the not ringing issue you are inadvertently pressing the mute button at the top of the phone?
    04-05-10 10:17 AM
    i checked, mute not pressed...
    any chance i get a new phone from verizon store?
    this is my 3rd replacement unit, and heard they exchange with a new one if problems not solved
    04-05-10 10:27 AM
    Go in and try. Sometimes you find a really nice person. At least you could get someone else to look at it.
    04-05-10 11:46 AM
    I have to agree. The issues you are talking about are not common among Storm2 users to any large extent, and I find it highly odd that you get three phones that have the same issues... all of which certainly can be explained by user error.

I'd have the person at the Verizon store look at your phone and help you discover what the issue is. At least my local stores the reps actually use the phones and they are rather knowledgeable about the features and apps.
    04-05-10 12:08 PM
    whenever i press "End Button", the phone clicks several times, feels like a vibration.
    and then, when i text, the screen feels sometimes too soft, and too stiff...
    another problem is, my phone does not ring when there is an incoming call.
    i had to reboot it time to time, but occasionally i dont hear any sound, even alarm clock.
    have u had this problem?
    this is my 3rd replacement units, and they all had same problems.
    I had the vibration issue with two of my Storm2's very frustrating, I would get it when attempting to dial or text, made using the phone impossible. Third replacement the end key did not work at all. I had the sound issue with my first one, but not on the others.

I would get it replaced, the VZW stores were very courteous, because I was courteous to them from the beginning, they did not make the faulty product RIM did, if you keep that attitude, then generally they are very nice people to deal with.
    04-05-10 12:14 PM
    just came back from verizon store, told them about the no sound and vibration problems.
    the guy examined the phone, we agreed this problem is not related to any setting change or 3rd party app conflicts, since this was pretty much in factory default settings...
    he then looked at my account, saw this was my 3rd replacement, so after he talked to his manager, they offered me a new tour.
    i thought about it, but i still liked storm2's big screen and wifi, so i will be getting a refurnished unit again, but if there is a problem again, he noted in my account to offer a new tour at no cost, no contract extension..
    hopely this refurnished unit works out, as there arent any new phones i like...
    04-05-10 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD