First, a week or so ago, I did a battery pull and discovered that my Pandora radio had disappeared and Slacker radio was in its place (with social beat). Kinda ghey. I have always preferred Pandora, and the fact that Verizon took upon themselves to delete MY app pisses me off.

I did another battery pull 2 days ago, and discovered that blackberry app world was done, and surprise surprise: Vcast app store was in its place. Again, ghey.

I infestand the whole pushing their own products or partnered products, but seriously, what gives them the right to delete MY 3rd party apps that I installed myself for my own personal preferrence?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 03:27 PM
    And autospell sucks if anybody hasn't noticed ^^^

04-04-10 03:37 PM
    all the more reason i don't like VZW! <3 sprint<3
    04-04-10 03:41 PM
    I highly doubt that they deleted a 3rd party app from your BB. I don't think that's even possible unless your on BES. I know they push stuff, but they can't delete stuff. I don't believe Verizon can even see what 3rd party apps you have on your BB. Sorry, but I'm calling your bluff.
    04-04-10 03:42 PM
    My Pandora and Blackberry App World are still standing strong
    04-04-10 03:46 PM
    While I have a serious dislike for some of VZW's actions (i.e., the whole "Bing" thing), they are not REMOVING 3rd party apps. I just swapped out my battery this morning and I still have BB App World installed (never used Pandora) so, you might be doing something wrong. Check in your Downloads folder to see if they somehow got moved.

My Pandora and Blackberry App World are still standing strong
    04-04-10 03:50 PM
    They don't push the applications. Just the icons to download them. Just hide the icons in another folder. As for deleting your apps, I am pretty sure that's not possible. I have both pandora and app world installed and they were not deleted when they pushed the slacker and vcast store icons. No one can delete apps on your phone but you. The icons for the apps might have moved to another folder, but deleted I highly doubt it.

04-04-10 03:51 PM
    Oh, please....let's not get into an "us vs them" mentality, especially in this case, you'd lose in a hearbeat.

all the more reason i don't like VZW! <3 sprint<3
    04-04-10 03:52 PM
    Eh I dunno then. Its just odd that my apps are missing and verizon's product or partnered products were in its place. In theory I didn't think they could delete stuff either.

Maybe I just somehow unknowingly deleted them then, and its all a big coincidence. Stranger thingsagave happened I suppose.

04-04-10 03:57 PM
    user frakking error for sure here....VZW didnt delete squat....smh
    04-04-10 04:06 PM
    There is no way they can delete your 3rd party apps
    04-04-10 04:13 PM
    They don't push the applications. Just the icons to download them. Just hide the icons in another folder. As for deleting your apps, I am pretty sure that's not possible. I have both pandora and app world installed and they were not deleted when they pushed the slacker and vcast store icons. No one can delete apps on your phone but you. The icons for the apps might have moved to another folder, but deleted I highly doubt it.

I'm glad you pointed this out to people. The icons they push might be annoying but you can just hide them. Since they're just shortcuts to download the apps, I highly doubt they affect the performance of the phone. The only time it might slow down the phone is when it is initially pushed to your phone....for a few seconds.
    04-04-10 04:45 PM
    I normally just hide the icons, they're mainly more of a nuisance than anything.

Well, the majority has it, I probably just somehow deleted them without knowing, or lost them in an OS update and the new icons just coincedentally were pushed at or near the same time.

Damn me and my conspiracy theories lol. Sorry for wasting yall's time.

Last edited by HollowPoint.357; 04-04-10 at 04:58 PM.
    04-04-10 04:56 PM
    I normally just hide the icons, they're mainly more of a nuisance than anything.

Well, the majority has it, I probably just somehow deleted them without knowing, or lost them in an OS update and the new icons just coincedentally were pushed at or near the same time.

Damn me and my conspiracy theories lol. Sorry for wasting yall's time.

With how Verizon crippled phones in the past, I could see where you were coming from. Lately they've been better with opening them up and allowing wifi. Hopefully that won't change.

At least you know how it works now.
    04-04-10 05:00 PM
    My pandora is still there and slacker is still hidden. =]
    04-04-10 05:15 PM
    I don't know what it is, but occasionally my BB will mount a coup against itself and delete random things, BBMaps, pandora, app world. It's probably just lonely or jealous because it knows I looking at droids...
    04-04-10 05:47 PM
    That's the one thing I hate is the apps being pushed to your phone.

04-04-10 06:00 PM
    Apps don't get pushed. An icon that is pretty much a bookmark is shown on your phone and those icons can be hidden.

I have both pandora and slacker and I have done multiple reboots and both are still there and working.

04-04-10 06:25 PM
    I have a folder named crap where I put all that stupid stuff in...like those icons. Power off. Lock. And all the other stuff I will never use. Cleans up the homepage a lot.

04-04-10 08:39 PM
    Eh I dunno then. Its just odd that my apps are missing and verizon's product or partnered products were in its place. In theory I didn't think they could delete stuff either.

Maybe I just somehow unknowingly deleted them then, and its all a big coincidence. Stranger thingsagave happened I suppose.

I know there are posts from a while back that App World would delete if you didn't go through them to delete an app on your berry. Maybe that glitch is still there and something similar has recently popped yp in Pandora.

Kat

04-04-10 08:46 PM
    I know there are posts from a while back that App World would delete if you didn't go through them to delete an app on your berry. Maybe that glitch is still there and something similar has recently popped yp in Pandora.

Kat

yeah crapworld did have the odd feature in it. I never used the damn thing to experience it
    04-04-10 08:49 PM
    I noticed I was one icon short after loading .607, but I don't think Verizon deleted it. Was it just me, or did the "lock" shortcut disappear? I can't find it in any of my folders, even after showing all in options. Weird. Not that I ever used it, I always used the button on top of the phone, but still...weird.
    04-04-10 08:52 PM
    lol........
    04-04-10 08:57 PM
    WOW! The OP must be on drugs, or the Ruskies got ahold of his phone. No problems with battery pulls and Pandora here. (darn conspiracy theorists, anyway!)

j/k, OP!!
    04-04-10 10:22 PM
    thats like saying microsoft deleted firefox on you without you noticing! lol

Oh wait.... can they do that?!?!?
    04-04-10 11:04 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD