My phone keeps rebooting itself out of nowhere. it isnt because of me updating my os as i have done that a long time ago. its happens for no good reason, and honestly it sucks having to wait for it to reboot. anyone know how to fix this? i already tried battery pulls too.
    04-04-10 03:24 PM
    HELP!!!! please
    04-04-10 05:40 PM
    That's common for a poor battery fit/ connection. Take your phone and lightly bounce the bottom edge off your palm; if it reboots thats it. Try taping a thin piece of cardboard (cut a sliver off a business card) to the bottom of your battery.
    Last edited by TPadden; 04-04-10 at 06:16 PM.
    04-04-10 06:14 PM
    Wow this F'n sucks. This phone is the biggest POS of a blackberry I have ever owned. I really wish the quality of this curve was as good as the last one.

Though I don't think mine was rebooting because of a loose battery. It reboots just randomly. I don't think it being in my pocket while just standing somewhere would cause the battery to get jolted that bad. Though I did hit it against the palm of my hand right now and it rebooted.

In the past day it rebooted about 3 times, locked up in the middle of a call where the screen was blank or unlit and the keys were lit up. Had to pull the battery.

BTW I am using a verizon branded 8530 with 5.0.337

Also all of the sudden I am dropping calls every conversation I have.
    Last edited by jlongjr27; 04-15-10 at 02:46 PM.
    04-15-10 02:42 PM
    ...Though I don't think mine was rebooting because of a loose battery. It reboots just randomly. I don't think it being in my pocket while just standing somewhere would cause the battery to get jolted that bad. Though I did hit it against the palm of my hand right now and it rebooted.......
    Uh ...... I'd call that pretty conclusive and an easy problem to solve. Mine would reboot every time I pulled it out of the holster, I did the business card fix and haven't had the problem since, but then again yours is a POS, mine isn't !
    04-15-10 03:18 PM
    Compared to the old curve the 85XX is a pos. And yours is too. I've never had to put a business card in my old bb or any other phone I have ever owned. I have a friend who has an 8830 and he cracked his screen. This is something I worry about too and that was never an issue with the old curve. It was a much more solid platform.
    04-15-10 04:01 PM
    Compared to the old curve the 85XX is a pos. And yours is too. I've never had to put a business card in my old bb or any other phone I have ever owned. I have a friend who has an 8830 and he cracked his screen. This is something I worry about too and that was never an issue with the old curve. It was a much more solid platform.
    So go back to your old curve that has a slower processor, much less memory, and probably won't be able to handle the upcoming 6.0 OS and then try and convince the rest of us that you have the superior phone..... yeah right, I'll wait to see how that works out for you.
    04-15-10 08:32 PM
    Wow this F'n sucks. This phone is the biggest POS of a blackberry I have ever owned. I really wish the quality of this curve was as good as the last one.

Though I don't think mine was rebooting because of a loose battery. It reboots just randomly. I don't think it being in my pocket while just standing somewhere would cause the battery to get jolted that bad. Though I did hit it against the palm of my hand right now and it rebooted.

In the past day it rebooted about 3 times, locked up in the middle of a call where the screen was blank or unlit and the keys were lit up. Had to pull the battery.

BTW I am using a verizon branded 8530 with 5.0.337

Also all of the sudden I am dropping calls every conversation I have.
    if i were you i would upgrade to .508 options icon>advanced options>wireless update>follow the prompts
    Last edited by fedge; 04-15-10 at 09:07 PM.
    04-15-10 09:05 PM
    if i were you i would upgrade to .508 options icon>advanced options>wireless update>follow the prompts
    I did and I hate the way the lock changed. The os stability didn't change for me. I am guessing the issues I am having now is because of a loose battery.

I really stand by my claim that this is the cheapest and poorest made blackberry ever!
    04-16-10 10:27 AM
    My new Curve 8530 started doing this 2 months ago. It passed the loose battery test, and the bad battery test, and has the latest OS but still does it. The Wifi is turned off and is never used. My wife has the older Curve with the same problem; Sprint reinstalled the OS and it is better now. I will have to do that unless anyone has a better idea.
    08-11-10 05:18 PM
    added tape to my battery, hope it helps
    10-17-10 07:23 PM
    You guys should sell your 8530's online, and purchase 9330's!
    You'll get OS6!
    10-17-10 07:34 PM
    You guys should sell your 8530's online, and purchase 9330's!
    You'll get OS6!
    Or sell our 8530s and get an evo4g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 06:36 PM
    Its most likely your battery because that happened to me and it was just restarted like out of no where so just take it back to the store and if you have a warranty then they would give you a new battery for free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD