I'm a blackberry newbie so please bear with me. Today I tried to delete an application that I downloaded a while back that I never use. It said that I had to restart to actually delete it and asked if I wanted to do it now. I meant no, but accidentally said yes. Now it is stuck on the Verizon Wireless screen.

I updated the software a couple of days ago. It seemed to be working fine, but now it's frozen.

Can anyone help me? I'm not at all technical and so please talk to me like I'm 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.
    04-04-10 12:48 PM
    Pull out your battery to reboot the device. Battery pull is always your first defense against freezes, glitches, low memory, etc.
    04-04-10 12:53 PM
    Thank you for that suggestion, but I have done that several times and it just keeps getting stuck on the Verizon Wireless screen.

I'm gonna cry!

04-04-10 01:01 PM
    I can't even get it to turn off.

Ugh.
    04-04-10 01:02 PM
    Try reloading the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 01:02 PM
    Try reloading the OS.

OK....how do I do that?

Told you I was a newbie....

:superembarrassing:

LOL
    04-04-10 01:06 PM
    alt+shift+delete if u can't do that then do a battery pull.
    04-04-10 01:17 PM
    alt+shift+delete if u can't do that then do a battery pull.
    The OP said they had already done a battery pull with no luck!
    04-04-10 01:20 PM
    Well hopefully you did a backup with desktop manager or one was made for you when you upgraded your OS. Make sure you uninstall any previous OS on our computer, ydownload the OS to your computer, install it, pull up apploader from c://program files>common files>research in motion>apploader>apploader.exe(I think that's the correct directory) plug your phone in, when the led light turns red replace battery, in apploader it should say pin: UNKNOWN, when that shows up hit next and follow the steps. Its pretty simple, unless someone else has a better way, I've never had a freezing problem so I don't know if the computer will pick it up normally if the phone is frozen

04-04-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD