I just got a refurbished Bold after dropping my original one too many times
    Now whenever I get an email on my Yahoo! account, I also get a text message from some random number with "Mobile EmailOZMAIL ########" in it, and I have no idea why.

Current OS is 4.6.0.304, I'm on AT&T.

Any ideas how to get this to stop?
    04-03-10 11:09 PM
    Delete and readd your Yahoo! account from the AT&T BIS site. Resend service books, and test to see if that fixes it.
    04-03-10 11:13 PM
    I'll delete and re-add my Yahoo! account again (did that already to get the separate icon), and what do you mean, resend service books?
    04-03-10 11:42 PM
    I'll delete and re-add my Yahoo! account again (did that already to get the separate icon), and what do you mean, resend service books?
    Go here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular and login. Then locate the Yahoo! account you want to remove, and select "delete". Select "add new account", and reenter your Yahoo! email addy and password. Accept that, and ensure you get a message like "new account created", or something along those line

Still on the BIS page, click the "Help" button. You should see an option that says "Resend Service Books". Click that. It will perform a push of the relevant email service books to your device, and hopefully resolve your problem. Good luck.
    04-03-10 11:47 PM
    Okay, deleted and re-added it and sent the service books... And now the icon for my Yahoo account always shows the 'new mail' star. Hmm...
    04-04-10 12:15 AM
    Okay, deleted and re-added it and sent the service books... And now the icon for my Yahoo account always shows the 'new mail' star. Hmm...
    Interesting. Try a test message from another account to your Yahoo! account maybe, and see if first the initial problems fixed, and second, if opening the test mail clears the star. Good luck.
    04-04-10 12:21 AM
    Sweet, no text message with an incoming email, but the icon still has the star. :\

EDIT: Spoke too soon... Got a text just a second ago.
    Last edited by Ezcal; 04-04-10 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Text showed up
    04-04-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD