hello , Will unlocked t-mobile 9700 3G work on other networks ?

i know that it wouldnt work on AT&T , but will it work on other networks ?

im thinking of buying one and use it in my Country "Kuwait"
    04-03-10 04:44 PM
    you'd really have to call your provider and ask. cause here an unlocked Tmobile phone works on ATT networks.

Theoretically, if it's unlocked it should work on any GSM network

except you'll need special settings for MMS and instant messaging that you can get from your provider
    04-03-10 04:57 PM
    It will work on other networks, it just won't use 3G except with T-Mo (if it's a T-Mobile USA handset) unless those providers use 1700/2100 for 3G, and I believe it's only T-Mo and Wind that use those frequencies.
    04-03-10 05:03 PM
    you'd really have to call your provider and ask. cause here an unlocked Tmobile phone works on ATT networks.
    Be careful about that statement because it's not true for the OP's question - 3G. 3G doesn't work between the two.

You will have to find out what 3G frequency your provider in Kuwait supports, and base your decision on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 05:26 PM
    Thanks all for your replies

i have an AT&T bold 9700 unlocked with 3G working in Kuwait , Does that mean T-Mobile won't work ? i has to be this or that ?
    04-03-10 05:44 PM
    Thanks all for your replies

i have an AT&T bold 9700 unlocked with 3G working in Kuwait , Does that mean T-Mobile won't work ? i has to be this or that ?
    probably wont work. if your carrier uses the same 3G frequencies that at&t does, i doubt they would also have coverage on the tmobile frequencies as well. not many carriers use those frequencies.
    04-03-10 06:53 PM
    the phone will work. you just wont have 3G. it will work on the slower network (EDGE)
    04-04-10 12:28 AM
    It'll work. But no 3g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 02:38 AM
    Yeh that was my question .. if the 3G will work .. nvm then i'll search for an AT&T version
    04-04-10 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD