Hi,

When I select Delete on Mailbox and Handheld it no longer deletes my email in Outlook on my computer. I do have synch deleted items selected in my Verizon BIS account. I can't remember when this started or what could have caused it. I have installed several leaks and am currently using .607. Thanks
    04-03-10 07:46 AM
    Hi,

When I select Delete on Mailbox and Handheld it no longer deletes my email in Outlook on my computer. I do have synch deleted items selected in my Verizon BIS account. I can't remember when this started or what could have caused it. I have installed several leaks and am currently using .607. Thanks
    My only works if I delete on Mailbox and Handheld if I can actually delete the message before it is pushed to my email account as well. I have Comcast/MS Outlook and once the mail is pushed onto their server it is too late for me to delete it from their server with my BB. Maybe mine has never worked properly, ha!
    04-03-10 07:57 AM
    My only works if I delete on Mailbox and Handheld if I can actually delete the message before it is pushed to my email account as well. I have Comcast/MS Outlook and once the mail is pushed onto their server it is too late for me to delete it from their server with my BB. Maybe mine has never worked properly, ha!
    You're probably right. I thought it used to delete them from the server if they were unopened or if I didn't hit send or receive but I can't remember for sure
    04-03-10 08:08 AM
    I have this same issue and I am using Outlook with MSN service. It is annoying having to delete email in 2 places. Almost makes it pointless to have email to your BB.
    04-03-10 08:28 AM
    I am running outlook 2007 and a bb Tour.

when mail is deleted in outlook it does not delete on the bb. note i am only deleting and not permanently deleting. my bes service provider is exchangemymail.com and yes - they could not help me.

I have done the following:

1. shut down avira free version (though the free version is not scanning email - i did it anyway)
    2. shut down comodo firewall / antivirus
    3. shut down superantispyware
    4. disabled Business Contact Manager in Outlook.
    5. deleted desksync - pulled battery - rebooted - did a new Ent. activation. no help.

things of interest:

1. mail deleted from OWA deletes almost immediately on my bb - making me think it is a pc/outlook problem - not a bb problem.
    2. mail read on the pc or even moved to a folder will show accordingly on the bb. just no deletions.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. and yes - wireless reconcile is on as well as delete on mailbox and hand-held is set.

Thanks
    04-26-10 06:09 PM
    I'm not sure about BES, but someone on the forums once told me that it doesn't work that way. You can delete on blackberry and have it delete in outlook but not the other way around. Not sure if that was a BIS specific thing or not
    04-27-10 06:18 AM
    Ok... I may not be understanding what the problem is but mine is working as designed AFAIK... If I delete an email from "Mailbox and Handheld" it will delete from the Comcast Server... That is as long as outlook wasn't opened and the mail hadn't already been downloaded to my local computer.

When I am at work, my laptop is in my bag with me, so obviously Outlook is not running on the system... I can delete mail all day long and the ones I select "Mailbox and Handheld" are never downloaded when I get home. The ones I leave (ie - order confirmations and such) will still be downloaded when I get home and open Outlook.

On the weekends, if I leave Outlook open, the mail will download to outlook before it does the berry because of the 15 minute push cycle... At that point, even tho it will still be deleted from the server, it was downloaded to Outlook already and it will have to be manually removed from there.

You can test this by deleting an email that has been downloaded to Outlook already and after you select "Mailbox and Handheld" login to your comcast account on the web and the email will no longer appear in your mailbox...

I hope I have explained this ok...
    04-27-10 07:55 AM
    Update -

In talking with Exchangemymail again - they had me create a new profile. so far - cross your fingers - everything seems to be working fine..... the thing that triggered this approach was the lower right hand side of outlook - mine read - This folder up to date - where it should - and now does - read All folders up to date. Hope this helps.
    04-27-10 12:20 PM
    I'm not sure about BES, but someone on the forums once told me that it doesn't work that way. You can delete on blackberry and have it delete in outlook but not the other way around. Not sure if that was a BIS specific thing or not
    I can delete from handheld and server from my S2, but when I delete from Outlook, the messages stay on my S2.
    04-27-10 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD